NARS Lipsticks

cindypltnm81

The semi-matte formula is very drying but some shades are really beautiful. I love the sheer ones and also the satin formula. I have many Nars lipsticks, pigments are just great but I think " semi-matte " means matte !
I like the semi matte formula. I just make sure to exfoliate and wear pre a lip balm for moisture. But I find them longer lasting. What are your favorites?

cindypltnm81

The semi-matte formula is very drying but some shades are really beautiful. I love the sheer ones and also the satin formula. I have many Nars lipsticks, pigments are just great but I think " semi-matte " means matte !
I like the semi matte formula. I just make sure to exfoliate and wear pre a lip balm for moisture. But I find them longer lasting. What are your favorites?

msmid

Hi. I was wondering what are your must have lipsticks by Nars for fair skin (warm tone)?

katred

Specktra Bestie
Hi. I was wondering what are your must have lipsticks by Nars for fair skin (warm tone)?
What kind of shades would you be interested in? There's a great selection from bare hints of colour to incredibly bold hues...

Dominique33

Many ! " Funny Face ", Fire Down Below ", " Jungle Red ", Scarlet Empress", " Joyous Red ", " Shangai Express " among others. I exfoliate/moisturize too but my lips are dry when I wear them.
Gorgeous colours though !

Lidalgirl

Got my first (and until now only) Nars lipstick a couple of months ago. I went for a Sheer, Manhunt, which is a lovely red with a hint of pink and fuchsia. it's an awesome shade because it compliment pretty much every look without being too "important". I reckon Nars Sheer Lipstick formula to be better than MAC Lustre's: it's more hydrating and slightly more pigmented, plus my Manhunt lasts definitely more than the Lustres I own. I don't know if it's because it's red -as reds tend to stain and last more-, though ;)
However, I find their dark shades range very intriguing and I'm planning to purchase one of their Pure Matte in the future.

tasneem2327

i only have one lipstick from nars, joyous red. but this color is not the best for me. i am warm toned, medium complexion, black hair. can anyone suggest funny face would suite me or not? i really love that one. i have a bad weakness for fuchsia lippies.

katred

Specktra Bestie
i only have one lipstick from nars, joyous red. but this color is not the best for me. i am warm toned, medium complexion, black hair. can anyone suggest funny face would suite me or not? i really love that one. i have a bad weakness for fuchsia lippies.
I think FF would be amazing on you. It has a redder fuchsia base, so despite the slight blue sheen, it won't pull too cool for your skin.

tasneem2327

is funny face discontinued??
jawdrop.gif

tasneem2327

thanks.. i am gonna die without that lipstick.. no matter how much i want to convince myself that urban decay catfight would look good on me too, but FF always wins the mind war.. i am gonna buy it this time for sure !!!

Yazmin

thanks.. i am gonna die without that lipstick.. no matter how much i want to convince myself that urban decay catfight would look good on me too, but FF always wins the mind war.. i am gonna buy it this time for sure !!!
I just picked this up at the boutique store last month. I love it!

katred

Specktra Bestie
One of the MUA put Bilboa on me, it was gorgeous... I will be going back to pick this up.
There aren't many brown shades that I can wear, but that's one of them. I had it on just the other day, actually. It's what I call a "Spring brown"- it's softer and has yellow in it rather than being deep and earthy (which looks amazing on some complexions, but I can't get away with it). Nars is great at shades that look plain and neutral in the tube but that just come alive on the face.

Knope2012

I'm considering picking up Scarlet Empress. I wish I could find more swatches so I could compare it to the reds I have.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm considering picking up Scarlet Empress. I wish I could find more swatches so I could compare it to the reds I have.
It's been on my list for a while too. When I've swatched it in person, I find it runs more pink/ berry than true red.

pinkpaint

Heaux on the left and Scarlet Empress on the right. It's not that shiny in real life at all. Not a red but a very true berry. I love it for fall.

Knope2012

Heaux on the left and Scarlet Empress on the right. It's not that shiny in real life at all. Not a red but a very true berry. I love it for fall.
Thank you, that's gorgeous! I'll definitely pick it up on my next Sephora order. Funnily enough, I have Heaux arriving today as well :)