natural nail help...

teebabii07

i use to get my nails done all the time like manis or acrylic whatever i can afford and now that i work at starbucks we cant have any nail polish or acrylic nails and i hate it...so what should i do to keep my nail nice cause right now they look a hot ass mess there all different lenghts they not as strong any more and they have no shape ugh i hate it what should i do??

Korms

You can buy nail treatments to help keep your nails strong that you paint on like nail polish. They dry clear so maybe your boss wouldn't notice. Something like OPI's Nail Envy may work for you.

If you can't get away with a clear nail treatment, try and look after your nails in other ways. Diet can play a big part in nail health so make sure you're getting a healthy mix of proteins and foods containing calcium and try to avoid saturated fats. Get a good hand cream and use it regularly and make sure you concentrate some of the cream on your nails.

kimmy

burt's bees cuticle cream and hand salve, along with brush-on nail treatments like korms suggested.

for about six months, i had acryllics, but they were really hard to keep up with my work environment. i broke them, chipped them, cut them, scraped them...everything imaginable so i just took them off and i've been sticking with my natural nails since then. i file them to where they're square at the ends, like acryllics would be and i paint them with a soft ivory coloured strengthening polish. i take calcium and biotin, and those help alot too.
smiles.gif

GEISHA GIRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebabii07
i use to get my nails done all the time like manis or acrylic whatever i can afford and now that i work at starbucks we cant have any nail polish or acrylic nails and i hate it...so what should i do to keep my nail nice cause right now they look a hot ass mess there all different lenghts they not as strong any more and they have no shape ugh i hate it what should i do??

TRIM, FILE AND BUFF YOUR NAILS TO THE DESIRED LENGTH. THEN SOAK YOUR NAILS IN SOME OLIVE OIL. THEN SOAK NAILS IN WARM/HOT WATER WITH A LIL' HAND SOAP OR DISH DETERGENT TO CLEAN OIL OFF OF YOUR NAILS. THEN USE A CUTICLE REMOVER( THE ONE THAT HAS THE TWO-TONGED END ON IT. THEN APPLY LOTION. THIS WILL KEEP YOUR NAILS STRONG, HEALTHY AND GROWING. DO IT ONCE A WEEK. LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT.

teebabii07

thanks im going to try all these ideas and see what one helps...i like the olive oil one use it quick and i dont have to spend alot of money cause i have tons of olive oil i use it for my hair haha so ill let u now how it goes!!!

kittykit

I had my nails done every month for a year until recently I decided to have a break from the gel nails. I'm using OPI natural nail strengthener.

Jinni

I love Lush Lemony Flutter for my cuticles. Some people don't like the smell (it smells strongly of lemon).

Make sure you get plenty of calcium (BROCCOLI!) and protein and use a nail strengthner on your nails.

BEA2LS

I don't think clear should be a problem.. i know they do make matte-drying ones, too.

teebabii07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinni
I love Lush Lemony Flutter for my cuticles. Some people don't like the smell (it smells strongly of lemon).

Make sure you get plenty of calcium (BROCCOLI!) and protein and use a nail strengthner on your nails.

i L0VE BR0CCOLi HAHA