Natural rosy/red lip color?

ashley8119

Since makeup is meant to enhance your features, I tend to pick my lips as my main focus. Lately I've noticed that everybody (even my own family) have been commenting that I wear way too much lipgloss and that my lips look "way too glossy/glam" during the daytime. So I was thinking about getting a more subdued natural rosy/red color that I could wear just going shopping without worrying about looking too 'made up' but still 'pretty'.

I've asked around, and some people have been recommending Benefit's Benetint lip balm/cheek stain.

Any recommendations would be very appreciated! Thank you in advance!

j_absinthe

MAC has some very pretty (albeit limited selection) tinted lipblams. Petting Pink is a very nice, but subdued rosy color. You could try lining it with Dervish or Subculture for a bit of drama.

frocher

The Balm and Vincent Longo has different colored tints, you could choose the color you like best.

hunnybun

Benetint lip balm (the one that comes in a little pot) definitely sounds like what you're looking for. It's moisturizing and smell nice and gives you a really natural looking red flush to your lips -- like if you just ate a cherry popsicle. The stain (that comes in a nailpolish style bottle) also works really well but creates a more intense red that is more obvious.

I would also suggest looking at the tinted lip balms by Fresh. All the colors are really pretty and natural looking with just a little hint of gloss. They're also heaven on your lips. They come in little mini pastel-colored compacts that are so adorable. I always have one of these with me in my purse.

iluvmac

I suggest Mac Tendertones in Take a Hint, very hydrating and with a very soft rosy-pink colour.

janwa09

Definitely Benetint Lip Balm...I just bought it a few months ago and I'm addicted to it. The resulting lip color is a natural rosy color minus the glossy sheen which I hate at times. Also, there are pretty good drugstore brands of tinted lip balms (like Lip Ice if you have this brand in your area) that are highly tinted but still looks nartural on the lips.