**Navy or Purple?... and New Hair!**

SugarAsh182

Sooo I wanted to do a navy smokey eye to go out yesterday, but instead it turned out purple
ssad.gif
Again! So any suggestions for a true navy e/s would be great! I'm going to a freestanding store tomorrow so I can get some pans to fill up my other 15 pan hehe
smiles.gif
Anyways, hope it still looks ok! I got lowlights in my hair yesterday as well!

Face: MAC NW20 concealer, MAC So Ceylon MSF, MAC Fix + spray

Lips: MAC Florabundance l/g, Rimmel Eastend Snob l/g, Lancome Raspberry Ice JT

Eyes: MAC Blue pigment, MAC Blue Storm pigment, MAC Cornflower pigment, MAC Blacktied e/s, MAC Cinders e/s, MAC Gingersoft e/s, MF Lash Perfection mascara

Close up of lowlights and highlights:
NewHair.jpg

Electric102.jpg

Electric212.jpg

Electric13.jpg

Electric7.jpg

Electric16.jpg

Yes my mouth is open, sorry!
Electric17.jpg

You can kinda see my hair here... not too much of a change:
Electric5.jpg

myrifle

I Love it!! It looks blue to me so no worries. I like how the lowlights and highlights look so natural. You have such stunning eyes 0_0

koolmnbv

I love this I think it looks very pretty and I dont think it looks purple at all, but I dont think it looks dk like navy either. I would try contrast instead of blue storm and it will darken it up alot and make it more navy if thats what your looking for. I find whenever I use blue storm it makes it ALOT more blue blue but adding contrast I definitely think will make it navyier (if thats even a word lol)

BUt I do think this looks great and fabulous although its not the navy look its still a great looking blue on you! I always love your fotd's and I look forward to them. They always look so sultry,defined and stand outish yet somehow soft and pretty at the same time!

SugarAsh182

Thanks so much everyone!
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
I love this I think it looks very pretty and I dont think it looks purple at all, but I dont think it looks dk like navy either. I would try contrast instead of blue storm and it will darken it up alot and make it more navy if thats what your looking for. I find whenever I use blue storm it makes it ALOT more blue blue but adding contrast I definitely think will make it navyier (if thats even a word lol)

BUt I do think this looks great and fabulous although its not the navy look its still a great looking blue on you! I always love your fotd's and I look forward to them. They always look so sultry,defined and stand outish yet somehow soft and pretty at the same time!

Thank you so much for the info and compliments! I will definetly check out Contrast when I go tomorrow! I have a problem w/ everything turning purple on me, including Blue Storm
ssad.gif
Even when I wear a base under it and everything.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarAsh182
Thanks so much everyone!
smiles.gif

Thank you so much for the info and compliments! I will definetly check out Contrast when I go tomorrow! I have a problem w/ everything turning purple on me, including Blue Storm
ssad.gif
Even when I wear a base under it and everything.

i think i havve the same problem... lol but really it doesnt look all that purple on u. anyhow once again ur looks are always beautiful

asteffey

OMG OMG OMG love this!!

you are totally hot in the pic you have the eye shut.

i think it looks electric violet in some spots and really pretty royal blue in others. maybe try a darker base like sharkskin and pat it on there to get all the pigment on the s/s. another color you could try would be a darker grey. hth.

SugarAsh182

Thanks so much all
greengrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteffey
OMG OMG OMG love this!!

you are totally hot in the pic you have the eye shut.

i think it looks electric violet in some spots and really pretty royal blue in others. maybe try a darker base like sharkskin and pat it on there to get all the pigment on the s/s. another color you could try would be a darker grey. hth.

Aw thank you
smiles.gif
See, it's weird, it looks blue in some lights but in alot of the pics it looks purple, especially the bottom liner. Oh well! I'll try it over a darker base next time, thanks for the suggestion!

veilchen

Awesome look! I'd agree with those who said it doesn't look too purple - to me the colours are great blues!

d_flawless

so it's not navy per se, it's still sexy! i really like the shape and blend of colors, this looks awesome!