NC? NW? Foundation help!

everstar

I've been trying to figure out my undertone for years so I can get the right foundation finally. I'm pale, but I have high color, if that makes sense. My hair is sort of a medium golden/honey/caramel blonde with bright gold and red highlights. My eyes are grey/blue with a heavy dark ring around my iris.

Now. If you looked at me, you'd say I was pink and therefore NW. I had one Color Me Beautiful analyst tell me I needed to wear light and bright colors and should consider dyeing my hair an ash blonde since my hair had the wrong "tones". This is the general consensus of most of the MAs I talk to. But I like wearing rich warm colors -- coral, berry, forest green, chocolate, gold -- and I think they look good on me. Doesn't this make me a NC?

Here's a picture: it's old, but I haven't dyed my hair or anything since then, so my coloring should be the same.

Please help me with this age-old question!
greengrin.gif

mac_obsession

Im not sure, because I cant see your picture, but if you have red undertones go with the nw. Ive been told by different ma's that im nc or nw. I have really red undertones so I went with the nw...it looks much better than nc ever did because its yellow based...where as the nc is not yellow enough.
I hth!!

everstar

Quote:
Im not sure, because I cant see your picture, but if you have red undertones go with the nw.

Eh, sorry; the disc drive of the server I had the picture on died, so it's been down all day. It's back now though.

Can you wear -- jeez, I always want to call them "warm" colors and it always screws me up when I try to talk in MAC terms -- colors with golden undertones when you yourself are kinda red? I thought you were supposed to wear blue undertoned stuff in that case.

Or maybe I've read Color Me Beautiful too many freaking times.

crzyc

Skip Color Me Beautiful, I finally had to as I used to have very fair skin, that has ever so slightly darkened as I have aged. I used to be a *winter* and wore cool based foundations. Now the slight olive undertones I have make my skin a tad warmer than it used to be, so I am an NC25/30 in MAC, but in other brands I use other shades. I found that I can wear both *cool* & *warm* color cosmetics, it just depends on the shade. So I wear orange and pink and any other color I like, if it looks right on me. Experiment with what you like and skip the book.

Lo-Fi_Thriller

i would say NW, but i could be wrong. to cool down the pinkness try a NC. i have a yellow cast over me but i still use NC but when i use consealer i use a NW to give my face a warm glow..