need help cutting down my shopping cart!

Mandyfin

I have just started buying MAC and have become obsessed quickly.
I am up to 8 shadows this week.

I am getting a few more as a gift and I need to narrow them down to about 7. Please help!

I already have:

Yogurt
Shale
Print
Nocturnelle
Plum Dressing
Humid
Stars N Rockets
Beautiful Iris

In my cart:
Creme de Violet
Parfait Amour
Phloof!
Trax
Swish
Digit
Pink Freeze

I am pretty sure I am getting Steamy, Twinks, Plumage

I am very light skinned with pink tones and hazel green eyes. Any suggestions on what I have that I don't need or what I may be missing?

thank you!

mayflower

Hi! I'm kind of a newbie myself, but from what I've read, Humid and Steamy are pretty much the same. Also, a ton of people really dislike Trax and say that it's nothing like it looks in the pan (I agree) and that the texture makes it hard to apply evenly. I love it, though.. and the same goes for Creme de Violet.

I really like bronzey colors for green eyes, maybe you wanna try something like Mythology? And since you're investing in so many great eyeshadows right now, I would definetely get a base to make them even prettier and stay on longer! If you don't have oily lids, a paint pot would probably suffice, something along the lines of your skintone like bare study..

Are you ordering all your shadows online? If you have a counter/store near you, I think it would be best to go and play around with the colors and see if you like the textures :)
Also, there's threads on here called something like "Worst MAC eyeshadows" or "Favorite eyeshadows" or "Favorite e/s combinations". Reading thejm can give you a good picture of which ones look similar, are hard to apply and things like that. hth

Mandyfin

Thank you! From what I see, Humid is a bright emerald green but Steamy is more turquoise.... I think Steamy is more similar to Shimmermoss.
I was considering Mythology but I am afraid of the red tone against my pink skin.
Thanks - I will check out those threads!

sayah

As long as you have something closest to the eye, like a black eyeliner, I love using red-based e/s on my light NW skin. Just have something to blend with if the shadow looks to bruise-y, but I don't see that happening with Mythology. Good luck!
2cents.gif