Need to Vent (Stupid hubby)

Shawna

My poor little dog had a massive seizure this morning. He took 10 minutes to come out of it. After he did, he couldn't walk. I called my husband at work because I was so upset and his response was "I have more important things to deal with at work" and he hung up.
cry.gif
What an @&&hole. It took another 10 minutes before poor Monty could even walk again and now he is all weird and just wants to lie down. Oh, he is up now trying to steal food from my son so he must be feeling better. I am so mad at my hubby right now. I mean the least he could have done was listened to me and comforted me instead of hanging up. Ok, just my vent for the week.

Juneplum

awwwww.. shawna that SUCKS!!! poor monty.. how's he doing now? does he suffer from seizures regularly? i would take him to the vet to get him checked out... MEN!!! sopmetimes i just wanna smack 'em upside their head... my hubby did something similar like that ONCE when one of my little ones got bitten when i was taking them for their walk.. i called him bawling on the way to the vet cos my poor son was howling in pain.. let's just say that when he got home that evening i had a LOOONG talk with him and now he knows better! let us know how monty is doing okay.. ((((hugs))))

user4

awww Shawna, that's horrible. BAD HUBBY!!! hope the dog is feeling better. he was probably all wierd because a seizure takes A LOT out them... is this the first time it happened? is he on meds for the seizures???

Shawna

Monty is doing better, but he is pretty sleepy. He has had a few seizures before. He is a Jack Russell terrier and the vet says they are just super sensitive. The seizures are probably a result of stress. He doesn't have enough seizures to be put on medication, although when I have to watch him have them, I wish he was. Fortunately I am a caregiver for disabled kids so I am pretty used to seizures. It is still scary though. Oh, Mick did phone and apologize. He said he was just so upset when I called, that he couldn't talk. I'm still pretty mad though.
ssad.gif

user4

Im Glad He's Doing Better And I'm Glad The Hubby Called To Say Sorry... Another Thing... Maybe It's His Food. My Aunt's Dog Wasnt Put On Meds Butthe Vet Told Her To Give Him A Special Low Fat Food, And He Hasnt Had Seizures Since Then. I Think Maybe One, But It Was Very Very Light And That Was Like 2 Years Ago Maybe.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

I would have been PISSED!! Sorry that he did that to you.. but he apoligized, he still could have been adhere to your feelings even though he was not in a good mood at the time! I'm glad your dog is doing/and feeling better!

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva_la_Mac_Girl
I would have been PISSED!!

I am pissed. He's cut off.
th_wink3.gif

glittergoddess27

LOL! You go girl! I would have had his bags packed and he could start sleeping "in the dog house" when he got home if he didnt apologize and make it pretty sincere. I hope Monty gets to feeling better. I hate to hear that his seizures are not a one time thing,...Give him hugs from my furry zoo,.......

mac_obsession

Awww Shawna!!! Im so sorry to hear about Monty..poor thing. Men can be such assholes...god...you'd think they'd be more sensitive about the things they know we are really upset about, but thats just not always in the nature of man...I am glad he called to apoligize, that counts for something
smiles.gif

Im glad Monty is feeling better, and I hope that he stays ok!!
Have you talked to a vet about it? My best friend is a vets assistant and I can ask her about it, if you let me know the essentials (age, breed, weight, food etc)
<3 hugs <3

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawna
I am pissed. He's cut off.
th_wink3.gif

LOL~~!! Well then enough said! He will probably be more likely to understand your feelings then jumping on ya like that!!! LOL

GTG!

Shawna

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
Have you talked to a vet about it? My best friend is a vets assistant and I can ask her about it, if you let me know the essentials (age, breed, weight, food etc)
<3 hugs <3

That's so sweet of you, but believe me, I have spent a small fortune in vet bills on this already. He's had every test out there, but they can't find a cause for the seizures.
th_dunno.gif
He's on really good food, he's the proper weight, he exercises, and he is as healthy as can be apart from the periodic seizure. It just sucks when an animal is sick and can't tell you what's wrong. The vet says the best thing to do is let him have the seizure and talk to him and pet him calmly and then to just let him rest. It was bad enough that poor Monty was sick, but Mick just made things worse. Ah well, he must have known how pissed I was because he's phoned 3 times now to check in on Monty.