Need wisdom/advice to choose between 2 counters please!

faded_ruby

Hi!

2nd. interview tomorrow!!!

I am new to forum and a new esthetician who is presently going through the interview process at Nordies. I am being considered for a counter manager position at either Kiehls or YSL. I previously turned down a counter manager offer at Macys due to very high pressure to "sell" 3 credit cards/week......yikes!

I wanted to know if you ladies could offer me some of your wisdom in making this choice if I get the job offer. The cosmetic manager is very enthusiastic about me having applied, and where I live, they like to place esthi's as counter managers.

Here is what I am thinking so far. Very happy to be considered for positions as I did not want to work in spa environment all day because I have a passion for makeup! I like both lines.....in fact love YSL! But I am feeling a bit nervous and don't know if I am getting in over my head as counter manager. I am motivated to learn but so far I have not been able to ask (but I do plan on it) what sort of training will be offered from Nordies and/or vendor itself.

I wondered if Kiehls might be a bit "simpler" for first time as CM, BUT I don't know if I am interested enough in the line because there is no makeup involved.

Bottom line is I am feeling really torn. I love the idea of a counter with makeup, but I also dont want to get in over my head.

I would love any and all feedback that you think could help me. Would love to hear what you can tell me about how hard it is to learn to be a CM, also any feedback on these lines if you are familiar, and if anyone has experience to share about Nordies. Thank you so very much for ANY help!!!

Nice to meet all of you and thanks!! faded_ruby

faded_ruby

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone can tell me what the blue envelope with the arrow means by my post? I have looked everywhere and I can't figure it out. I have not received any replies and wonder if that has something to do with it? Perhaps my post got moved? I am confused. Thanks for any help. faded_ruby

Skin*Deep

not sure what the blue envelope means.....
as for your predicament, I would go with the line you are most familiar with! which one can you see yourself using, which one do you already use, etc. management duties will be pretty much the same, sales goals, etc.

oh p.s., 3 new accounts a week = piece of cake! new account is the only way to get a discount in cosmetics, so it's super easy to get customers to sign up! we have girls here that average 5 or more a day!

faded_ruby

Hi Skin Deep,

Thank you so much for your reply......I guess I have just been feeling a little overwhelmed as I start my career. I am re-entering the business world after my kids have grown and I decided to fallow my passion for beauty by getting my esthetician license and going to work. Sometimes it all seems a little hard to figure out, but I am excited too!

I appreciate your remark about going with the line I know the most, and that does make sense. I did find out that it is out of my hands a bit as the cosmetics manager will make counter "match" offers based on what she feels is best. I am supposed to hear something this weekend, so I am hoping so much for an offer! Thank you again! faded_ruby

BEA2LS

i heard bad things about working at macys counters, so it is probably better you chose to stay away
winks.gif

i would go for the line you know the best but i would not discredit spas all together, i know your passion is for make-up but working in retail is really no fun after awhile
ssad.gif