Needing Some Help! Stuck in a rut.

WhisperInAutumn

Hi everyone! I'm a new member to the forum, although I have followed you all for a long time. Finally decided I needed to join the fun! I have a burning question and I couldn't think of a better place to as than here.

I've been looking around for some make up schools, particularly special effects make up and I'm getting a lot of school when I search online, but I'm having difficulties finding reviews from people that have actually attended. I've been leaning towards Joe Blasco's school in Orlando. Anyone have any thoughts about the program? I would be taking the master course to include beauty and FX which would total to about $17,000. It seems that all the schools are pretty up there in price, but I took a 6 month deployment for the military in order to have the funds to just come back and really pursue what I want to. I will definitely come back with a chunk of change, seeing as I can't really spend it while I'm overseas, so tuition costs are not really an issue if the school is worth it. Anyone know if Blasco's is worth it?

Perhaps you know of a good school? I'm willing to relocate, preferably within the U.S., but I am also willing to move to Canada, particularly Toronto, as their film industry is doing quite well.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I currently live in Oklahoma where there aren't too many people around with knowledge about such things, so it's hard for me to find any advice on the subject. Oklahoma doesn't exactly have a large FX/MUA community.

chynegal

I have been wanting to check out this school also because it is so closer to me i heard that it is a good school tho.....the one i really want to go to is in california the cinema makeup school

Babycakes

i heard joe blasco was decent,but a girl I know went to M.U.D in california,and she loved it.Shes very talented in special f/x and makeup in general.She got a job working w / CNN making good money.Another friend of hers eventually became kim k's makeup artist along w other celebrities.If I had a choice,I would goto mud.Hope this helps!

Make-up Designory: Make-up Schools and Cosmetics

SakurasamaLover

Just like that.. if you think about Toronto.. you should come to Montreal, as good as Toronto for cinema and Montreal is much more fun compare to Toronto.. plus a lot of companies only open store in Montreal and Vancouver.. not Toronto.