New Icon collection Feb 2007

rouquinne

i only bought Roleplay and i can safely say that it is quite similar to VGV, VGVI and Entwined.

Raquel lipglass is quite similar to Pink Lemonade, Lychee Luxe, Tartlette and Pink Grapefruit.

Winthrop44

I bought those 2 as well, and I completely agree, with Roleplay being the most similar IMO to VGV/Entwined and Raquel being most similar to Lychee Luxe/Tartlette. Anyway, on me VGVI and Pink Grapefruit are prettier than Roleplay and Raquel. I also bought Screenqueen and thought that High Tea was a similar but better version of that one on me. Have not seen Legendary Femme IRL, but it doesn't look like there's anything similar in the regular line from the online swatches.

Brelki

Has anyone seen postcards with this collection? I haven't gotten my first haul (yes, I'm making two... this collection is really wearable to me), so I don't know if there would be a postcard in the box from mac.com. No one has said anything about postcards from counters, online, etc.
ssad.gif

Cocktail_party

^^my counter, yet again, didn't have any cards when I went to look at the collection on Thursday. I'm giving up trying to look for them at my counter, I'm going elsewhere lol.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brelki
Has anyone seen postcards with this collection? I haven't gotten my first haul (yes, I'm making two... this collection is really wearable to me), so I don't know if there would be a postcard in the box from mac.com. No one has said anything about postcards from counters, online, etc.
ssad.gif

I can tell you that I didn't get a postcard in my box from mac.com.

Rowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouquinne
i only bought Roleplay and i can safely say that it is quite similar to VGV, VGVI and Entwined.

Raquel lipglass is quite similar to Pink Lemonade, Lychee Luxe, Tartlette and Pink Grapefruit.

Thanks for this. I actually posted a swatch request to compare Raquel and Pink Grapefruit. I missed out on PG and would love to find a similar lipglass. I'm hoping that, once I see them side by side, they'll be similar enough. Raquel does look v. pretty on its own though!

rouquinne

i was hoping for a card, too, but there weren't any at my local counter either.

Raquel is my step-father's favourite actress and i thought he'd like to have the pic.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan
Thanks for this. I actually posted a swatch request to compare Raquel and Pink Grapefruit. I missed out on PG and would love to find a similar lipglass. I'm hoping that, once I see them side by side, they'll be similar enough. Raquel does look v. pretty on its own though!

Just posted the comparison for you in the Icon swatch thread! HTH! But you may want to check your CCO for Pink Grapefruit. Mine had it not too long ago.
smiles.gif

SELFstyled

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlgotsoul
I saw this in person @ a counter today - and I was really disappointed.

The quads are not nearly as nice and I had hoped.

ssad.gif

Same here. Nothing too exciting really. Oh well *shrug*

charismaticlime

None of the colours really interest me, but I'm soooo tempted to buy the stuff just for the tiger's print! I'm dying to get a beauty powder, a lipglass, and a lipstick, even if I'll never use them!

honeebee

I'm just gonna get Goddess blush, that's the only thing I would probably actually use. I'm done with having things solely for collecting purposes.

Brelki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I can tell you that I didn't get a postcard in my box from mac.com.

Hmmm... I'm really sad.
ssad.gif
It took me almost three years, but I ended up on the MAC postcard mailing list. I've gotten almost all of the postcards from the last few collections, but not this one. I figured they'd have a ton of these.

Oh well, I placed my first order last night from Icon: goddess blush, amazon quad, raquel l/g, legendary femme l/s, and yogamode beauty powder. I'm planning on a second haul with a few more icon items, as well as the natural msf foundation on Feb. 1.

EmbalmerBabe

Did any one write a review about this whole collection? Just wondering I wanted to check it out...
smiles.gif
. I saw one before that Temptalia wrote abotu the Danse collection which was very informative and descriptive.

Rowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Just posted the comparison for you in the Icon swatch thread! HTH! But you may want to check your CCO for Pink Grapefruit. Mine had it not too long ago.
smiles.gif

Thank you much!
smiles.gif
I really appreciate you swatching them for me.

On my monitor, they look similar enough except PG has lots of that pretty gold shimmer. I'm going to check out Raquel this weekend!

Thanks for letting me know that PG is sometimes found at CCO stores. Unfortunately, there is no CCO in my state at all. I'd have to wait until I went out-of-state to visit my family. There's a good one about an hour away from them.

Someone here very nicely helped me find a way to dupe it by mixing together Venetian Lustreglass & Golden Lemon Pigment, but I decided to not buy those to do that. It'd be easy enough to mix at home, but I don't want to have to take both a gloss and a small amount of Pigment w/ me to reapply on the go. I'm probably being pick & lazy.
smiles.gif
So, just FYI for anyone else who wants to dupe it & already has these two. The member swatched the Venetian/Golden Lemon combo next to PG on her skin, & they looked really close.

Thanks again!

Winthrop44

I think you'll like Raquel based on your coloring. On the lips it actually looks slightly pinker, while pink grapefruit looks slightly more orange, but they are both really pretty. I decided I underestimated Raquel and I really like it especially sheared out. I actually ordered a back-up of it this morning!

Rowan

Thanks, Winthrop! That's good to know, actually. Now only if I can hold out until the weekend to stop by the MAC stores, LOL! It'll be hard.
greengrin.gif

antirazor

does anyone know if the 223 is more like the 224 or the 222 in size? because I have been wanting a 222, but forget everytime I'm down at the freestanding store. so the 223 might be perfect.

antirazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirazor
does anyone know if the 223 is more like the 224 or the 222 in size? because I have been wanting a 222, but forget everytime I'm down at the freestanding store. so the 223 might be perfect.

in case anyone else was wondering it is definitely more of a 222. the 224 is much fuller.