New Icon collection Feb 2007

Aprilrobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
*wait for the inevitable 'but why are the Icons always oooooold? Why isn't Paris/Christina/______ an icon?' crowd to roll in*

winks.gif

Isn't that the entire marketing scheme behind icon? Most people consider MAC to be "wild". The icons bring the old broads like me to the counter. I'm sure some ladies are intimidated by MAC, of course they shouldn't be.

We'll see how Christina, Lindsay and all those girls look in about 20 years.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Beauty
Lyk OMG! Y isnt paris an icon?! She is lyke tha BeSt PeRsOn EvEr!

lmao.gif

okay...MAC really needs to chill on the bitchin' packaging...because i'm going to need to file for bankruptcy. i was just looking at the post about the Couture stuff, which also sounds like neat packaging and i just..am overwhelmed hahahaha!

allan_willb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
*wait for the inevitable 'but why are the Icons always oooooold? Why isn't Paris/Christina/______ an icon?' crowd to roll in*

winks.gif

They're really trying to flog these Glimmershimmers, aren't they?
lol.gif

totally!

redambition

paris as a mac icon... ergh. i'm having nightmares already.

i would be very interested in the products available for raquel's collection. tiger print - yay! i just hope the colours suit me.

ledonatella

Agreed on the Glimmershimmers Lara...I thought for sure they be in the clearence bin at the CCO by now! They didn't seem to sell that well....maybe they got a huge discount on liquid glitter ingredients or something and they don't wanna let it get away.............

Love the older Icons too...R.Welch is not my fave but she is very beautiful. I will have to buy just for the tiger print!

lsperry

We'll see how Christina, Lindsay and all those girls look in about 20 years.[/quote]

lol.gif
They’ll look like they do now – What with all the plastic surgery everyone is getting now-a-days. 20 years from now you’ll probably be able to get it done in “the comfort of your own home”. Or most of it will be a DIY thing….

Can't wait to see pics of the quads. I think I turned into a quad/palette addict/fanatic with the Untamed and Holiday/Formal Black collections....Ugghhh!! I'm going to be broke!!!

MarniMac

Please. Paris only DREAMS of being a MAC icon. Her little Hilton butt can't buy EVERYTHING you know, boohoo.
I'm not wild about Raquel either...but I'll probably check out the stuff. I think Iman would be a glorious icon, although she has her own makeup line, so it will probably never happen.

Joke

I'm really excited for this collection!
The Deneuve one is still my favorite 2006 collection, I especially love my summerlilly blush!

Hugs

kradge79

Sounds like a great collection, something my Mother-in-Law will love, as well as me! She loves animal print stuff. Her Bday is in Feb, so I'll have to get her something. I'm a wee bit sad that the rumor that Dolly Parton was going to be the Icon isn't true, as I love her, but Raquel is hot and she will make a great Icon.

MACGoddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre
Or, maybe old chicks like me will look at the ads, and go, "oh, she's my age!" Plus we all have gold cards.
winks.gif

LMFAO! You're awesome!

a914butterfly

Paris hilton imo is no way near an "idol" how can anyone idolize someone who is just born into heaps of money without earning it, making a sex tape, and not even doing anything for a good cause or charity, and she is just a party girl, and she acts so dumb too. Surely no one can really idolize her (maybe be jelous or wish they had her bank account), but she imo is not an idol at all. (dont hate me, its just my opinion)

prinzessin784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia84
Raquel Welch is sooooo HOT! I'm sure I will love the colors in these collection! I can't wait for pics!

I agree! I think she's gorgeous! And I'm excited about the tiger print and new beauty powders! I love the Sundressing ones! I can't wait to see what colors will be in the quads, too!

flowerhead

No way! I thought Dolly Parton would be icon! *stamps feet*
'Raquel' (What kind of name is that?) Welch is boring.

LadyLaundale

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
paris as a mac icon... ergh. i'm having nightmares already.

THANK YOU! If tacky Paris Hilton had anything to do with MAC, I'd boycott them. She is about as far from an Icon as you can get.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deirdre
Or, maybe old chicks like me will look at the ads, and go, "oh, she's my age!" Plus we all have gold cards.
winks.gif

...and platinum ones!

annielise

Why don't they get Barbra Streisand? She is truly an ICON. But I do love Raquel Welch. My cousin was named after her because my aunt was such a huge fan.