New makeup colors for new hair color

ashley8119

I've been a fair-skinned honey blonde forever. Then with the pressures of high school to be a 'tan barbie', found myself using foundation several shades too dark and lots of bronzer...lately, I decided to try to love my fair skin and embrace it. So I dyed my hair a light/medium auburn...and I love it. I've gotten lots of compliments on it, and people notice my face more...rather than my "looks-like-every-other-girl-trying-to-look-like-barbie" look.

I realize that with a hair color change, color changes should also be made to my makeup collection...

any suggestions? i'm fairly new to being a 'redhead'.

thanks in advance!!

Kuuipo

Auburn is a HUGE color right now! Especially in Hawaii and Japan! Forest greens and deep purples rock. Bronzes and golds look cool too! If you have fair skin aim slightly on the cool side! Try a burgundy lipstick for night and a nude for day. Earth tones also look good with auburn hair! If you want to keep your locks vibrant, use a shampoo for red or auburn hair and ocasionally a glaze like John Freida's if you are prone to fading. Freida is a gihugic seller here (Hawaii) because so many people go auburn and want to keep it fresh and shiny inbetween touch ups. I have used henna as filler in between touch ups as well.

lethaldesign

Greens, golds, bronzes will look great on you!

Also, I would recommend the Pureology hair products line to keep your color vibrant! All their products have a special "anti-fade" complex to prevent your color from fading. WORKS WONDERS WITH RED HAIR
smiles.gif
I have a darker red in my hair right now and the first time I had it done that color, I wasn't using Pureology &the color ran in the shower everytime I washed it for a few weeks. This last time I got it done, I bought Pureology &it only ran for like 2-3 days. I noticed a huge difference in the time span my hair remained vibrant & colorful.

HTH!

Briar

Green eye shadows look incredible with red hair, as do warm metallics (bronze, copper, etc.). I would go with the shades that go best with your skin tone. I have red (vibrant red) hair, blue eyes and fair skin with a golden yellow undertone. The colors that do not work for me are pale baby-pastels as they all tend to wash out. Deeper, richer shades, even when applied lightly, look best on me. Bronzer can make a nice, natural looking blush and natural colored lips with dark or vibrant eyes are a good look.