New Revlon Products?

choseck

Has anyone tried the new Revlon products that were recently released and are limited edition? They seem to be a bit spendy for a drugstore brand (avg. $10-14). I saw them at Ulta - and they look different, and then I saw them at Target - and decided that I really wanted to try them. Just wondering if anyone has tried anything from this collection.

I checked Revlon's website so I could post a link, but they don't have anything on there. Sorry.
smiles.gif

charismaticlime

They have a preview of the LE stuff on the website now. And I only found out about it after I saw some of the LE stuff at Shoppers Drug Mart. It is really pricey, though. The only thing that managed to interest me was the Sugar Sugar lip topping, but I don't know how I could pull off a look like the one on the ad without looking like I just finished eating a powdered donut
lmao.gif

Jinjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
They have a preview of the LE stuff on the website now. And I only found out about it after I saw some of the LE stuff at Shoppers Drug Mart. It is really pricey, though. The only thing that managed to interest me was the Sugar Sugar lip topping, but I don't know how I could pull off a look like the one on the ad without looking like I just finished eating a powdered donut
lmao.gif

rofl.gif
@ powdered donut comment....i love Revlon but i would prefer to spend that amt on some MAC stuff
cutey.gif

choseck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjer
rofl.gif
@ powdered donut comment....i love Revlon but i would prefer to spend that amt on some MAC stuff
cutey.gif

The price is definitely keeping me from trying it. I did buy one of those shadows, and its almost too sheer - so now I'm really hesitant on trying the other stuff. Good thing its LE, I just have to watch the clearance bins at Target! (I love Target clearance)

Kimberleigh

I just bought one of the lipglosses. I'm learning that advertisements exist for a reason...For people like me. It's not nearly as pretty as the ad in Vogue looked.
ssad.gif

prinzessin784

I saw these at Target also and was curious, especially about how sheer the eyeshadows are and that liquid eyeshadow?? That looks interesting...

kaliraksha

Most of the makeup alley reviews didn't fair too well, but there aren't a lot of them yet. The blush got a decent review and the powder liner did as well.

choseck

I know this new line hasn't been getting the best reviews, but I just bought four of the dark pleasures nail polishes at Ulta (buy one, get one free) and I've only used 'Steel-Etto' so far - but I love it!! I might go back and get the other two and then I'll have them all. I'm loving darker nail polishes right now!
clap.gif

user79

The Bare it All cream and the lash jewel thing looks cool! Too bad we don't get that release here.

red

Got the blush -- looks a lot like the Shu Uemura eye shadow with the gold scrolls in the center. Haven't tried it yet.

kirari

I second that about the nail polishes. The colors are really pretty, and deep when most stuff lately seems to be on the sheer side.

I personally love the Sugar Sugar lip topping, but I'm also a glitter addict, lol. As for the rest of what I tried (I raided a friend's makeup bag
winks.gif
) I didn't care too much for the sheer shadow (the lavender one), but I kinda liked the blush. I thought the color was pretty (the berry darling) but too pink for my tastes.

I wouldn't mind trying a few of the Lip Lustres, but as was pointed out, at that price is kinda up there for drug store stuff.

Dreamergirl3

*bump*

Has anyone else tried the new LE stuff? I'm curious about that almost black lipgloss and the lash jewels.

prinzessin784

I have the black nail polish and it's fantastic! It was good with one coat but I did two just to cover up my boo boos haha. It's gorgeous and a much cheaper alternative to those expensive black Chanel ones!!

Dark_Phoenix

I'm such a sucker...
I bought a buch of their stuff at Wal-Mart.

Molten Metal Eyeshadow (in Scene Steel-er) which didn't go on as saturated and colorful as it looks like in the ads.

Just Bitten (in Cherry) which looked REALLY garrish on my skin (it's super pink/red and it settles easily... not good).

Sugar Sugar (In sprinkled pink) which looks awesome! It stops my MAC Lipglass from sticking to my hair, lol.

and Bedroom Eyes (in plum wicked) which sucks... it drops onto my face despite tapping it multiple times. It's hard to get close to the lash line and just makes me look like some extra from Les Mis.

..kels*

i checked out the Bare It All lotion the other day hoping that it would be a good substitute for Skinlights.. & i wasn't impressed at all.. the bottle is soo tiny! for the amount of product you get, it's definitely overpriced (22 mL for $23.00 CA). Skinlights had twice as much product & was cheaper ($19.99 CA for 44.3 mL). even MAC's Strobe Cream is a better deal than the Revlon Bare It All lotion (50 mL for $38.00 CA). for once MAC is cheaper than the drugstore brand.
th_crazy2.gif

solardame

I bought Taupe-less Midnight Swirl lipgloss. It's a sheer caramel with black shimmer and not exactly flattering on my beige lips. I thought if I liked this one I may get Lick-orice, but nah! I'm not crazy about the texture, it's too gritty!