New to Chanel...

pond23

1) Rose Dust JC Blush
2) Wild Rose Glossimer
3) Single eye shadows (too many of them!)
4) Kaska Beige eye shadow quad
5) Pink Sugar lip liner
6) Pro Lumiere liquid foundation
7) Concealer (the one with a doe foot applicatior; forgot the name of it)

Camnagem

I'm still pretty new to Chanel myself, so I've started with lipstick (that's how I always start...) I'm interested in the glosses, but I tend to prefer a pretty good colour payoff from them. Any opinions on which ones would be better for this?
Some glossimers have a very opaque/pigmented finish, but for the most part they tend to be more shimmer and less color. For what you're looking for I'd start with the Rouge Allure Extrait De Glosses. They're my absolute favorite gloss formula I've tried to date! They feel great, look luscious, wear really well, and always make me feel special when I use them (the packaging is really awesome, imo). The shades I own have fantastic color payoff, and I can't wait to get more!

Winthrop44

I'm still pretty new to Chanel myself, so I've started with lipstick (that's how I always start...) I'm interested in the glosses, but I tend to prefer a pretty good colour payoff from them. Any opinions on which ones would be better for this?
Wild Rose glossimer is pigmented and gorgeous.

Bonitinha

I agree about Wild Rose glossimer -- and Magnifique is pigmented on me (a pretty medium pink color). Mica is a sheer pink, but looks gorgeous over any pink lipstick.

Shypo

I am with everyone else here - it's hard to go wrong with any of their color products. I love the quads (I'm really into eye shadows for some reason) and the blushes. I'm too new to the nail polishes to have an opinion yet, but the ladies here love them. And the glossimers are divine. Best lipgloss on the planet.

Some of my faves:

Legende, Rose Comete, and Camelia RC
Desirable and Emotive RA
Wild Rose, Mica, Nebula and Venus glossimers
Emoi and Exces Rouge Allure Lacque
Rose Dust and Espiegle JC (blush)
Enigma, Winter Nights, Mystic Eyes and Bleu Celeste quads
Taupe/Delicat and Khaki/Clair duos
Taupe Gris single e/s

Larrabee

I agree about Wild Rose glossimer -- and Magnifique is pigmented on me (a pretty medium pink color). Mica is a sheer pink, but looks gorgeous over any pink lipstick.
I'm new to Chanel as well, and Mica was the first gloss I bought. I had gone to the Chanel counter and they did my makeup and used Mica and Tweed Pink blush. I bought both and I love them. Mica's become one of my most frequently used glosses.

I'm entering the world of Chanel skincare now. I had been trying a variety of cleansers looking for a new one, and then my skin started freaking out. So two days ago I switched to using Lait Confort cleanser and Lotion Confort toner. I've already seen some improvement, so I might be a Chanel girl forever. Quality is worth the price.

User38

RA lipstick.. haven;t met one which I did not love

Duo ES -- creamy and rich pigmentation any of the colours

Kaska Beige Quad, Enigma quad, Cuivree quad..

RC ls

RAls..

omg.. no wonder I won't have a roof on the new house.. lol

Shypo

Let's hope that bathroom gets tiled too or you'll be making the trip to the loo al fresco!!!
girlhaha.gif

Welcome, Larrabee! I love Mica too - so much I have a backup! You're in dangerous territory now - we draw you in and it's hard to get back out!!
cutey.gif
whistle.gif

Larrabee

Let's hope that bathroom gets tiled too or you'll be making the trip to the loo al fresco!!!
girlhaha.gif

Welcome, Larrabee! I love Mica too - so much I have a backup! You're in dangerous territory now - we draw you in and it's hard to get back out!!
cutey.gif
whistle.gif

Thanks! Yeah, I don't think I'm getting back out! Haha
eyelove.gif
I'm on a short trip right now and I brought only three glosses. Mica was the first one I knew I was packing!

xphoenix06

I just recently got into Chanel too! I'm thinking to myself, why did it take me this long to actually notice the products! LOL! I know I miss out on a lot of items that were either limited edition and discontinued.
My small collection of Chanel consists of: a glossimer in Aurore 287, JC blush in Rose Bronze (Mirage), PL foundation in B30 , RCS in Monte Carlo, and RAL in Santel.
I'm lemming for more but am doing research online for swatches of products. I'm really loving the new highlighter for this year's holiday day collection, hopefully my collection of Chanel will grow and at a steady/slowish pace so when I look in my wallet I won't have a heart attack after a purchase or two or maybe a bit more.
lolz.gif

mjacqueline

Hi xphoenix06, you will not be turning back, your collection is just going to get bigger and bigger. I awlays look forward to their new collections with bated breath.

xphoenix06

Hi xphoenix06, you will not be turning back, your collection is just going to get bigger and bigger. I awlays look forward to their new collections with bated breath.

Hi mjacqueline! I agree, I won't be turning back at all. I'm very excited to see what Chanel will release in their new limited edition collections and any new permanent collections. I've always loved their fashion and accessories, and now their cosmetic/beauty line. I've smelled some of the eau purfumes, and am already lemming for Coco Mademoiselle and Chance Tendre! I've haven't really looked at their skincare yet though, I haven't seen too many rave reviews on them yet. I also love your beauty blog mjacqueline, I recently just found it while trying to research on Chanel products, it has helped me a lot when I've been looking for swatches and info!!
th_DANCE.gif

ILoveMakeup84

I am sorta new to Chanel also and I am so addicted lol! I don't have a lot but I love everything I have! This is what I have: Vitalumiere Aqua foundation in B20, Aragonite Glossimer (I LOVE this one! It goes with any lipstick and the sparkles are sooo beautiful), Soleil tan de Chanel Bronze Universel, Stylo Yeux in Rose Platine (this was Limited edition), Soleil Tan de Chanel in Bronze Corail (limited edition also), Tweed blush in Brun Rose (this is part of the Holiday Collection so you can still get it) and Peridot nail polish. Now I can't wait for the Spring collection! You should check that post out because there's a lot of gorgeous products coming out :D

Shypo

^^ That is for SURE! We're all addicted here - if you have any questions, just let us know - one of us is bound to have tried or has almost anything you might consider, and we're certainly not short on opinions!
girlhaha.gif

mjacqueline

Hi mjacqueline! I agree, I won't be turning back at all. I'm very excited to see what Chanel will release in their new limited edition collections and any new permanent collections. I've always loved their fashion and accessories, and now their cosmetic/beauty line. I've smelled some of the eau purfumes, and am already lemming for Coco Mademoiselle and Chance Tendre! I've haven't really looked at their skincare yet though, I haven't seen too many rave reviews on them yet. I also love your beauty blog mjacqueline, I recently just found it while trying to research on Chanel products, it has helped me a lot when I've been looking for swatches and info!!
th_DANCE.gif
Hey xphoenix06, aw thanks a lot. It really matters that you like to read my blog, thanks so much! I realise that I have been buying a lot of Chanel lately too, it helps that I have an enabler friend who is crazy about Chanel. Have you bought anything from the holiday collection? So many pretty things.

xphoenix06

It's really great that there are beauty blogs, like yours that have so much info. on all the great beauty products out there!! I only brought a couple of items from the holiday collection, the Rouge Allure Laque in Empire and the Tweed blush Brun Rose. I didn't get anything else from the collection because I decided to spurge on the Coco Mademoiselle eau parfum. I really liked the highlighter but from previous holiday collections from Chanel, this highlighter wasn't as great as I thought it would be. The other lip products were nice but too bold for me and as for the eye products, I wasn't interested even though the texture and colors were lovely.