New to Eyshadow

Hi everybody, I'm new to the forums so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot or something. I normally just do eyeliner, mascara, concealer and blush for my daily makeup routine, and I have no idea where to start using eyeshadow. I have a shadestick (beige-ing) that I would sometimes use at the inner corners of my eyes or just on it's own on my eyelid but that's about it. I'm also slowly getting myself off of eyeliner and I'd like to know if there's any way to enhance my eyes with eyeshadow instead of solid eyeliner lines? I feel that except for special occasions, eyeliner sort of weighs down my eyes (appearance-wise). The eyeshadows I own are:

Beige-ing shadestick
Shimmersand shadestick
Gleam e/s
Naked lunch e/s
Cork e/s
Motif
Retrospeck
(i think i have Expensive Pink somewhere)

I also own Urban Decay's Green Goddess, Grifter, and Grind.

I have the blacktrack and dipdown fluidlines.
Also, would you reccomend using an eyeshadow primer or anything before applying?
Thank you so much!

saniyairshad

Urban Decay's Primer Potion is the best primer out there!!! As for e/s:
woodwinked
embark
amber lights
humid
shroom
pink freeze
cranberry

what color are ur eyes? and what's ur skintone?

kimmy

shadesticks are the perfect eyeshadow primer, imo! beige-ing is my favourite.
smiles.gif
you may want to try something like this for an everyday look:

beige-ing s/s as a base
motif e/s as a wash
gleam e/s on the lids
naked lunch e/s as a highlight
retrospeck e/s in the crease

But like...I don't even know where to start with this! Like how do I apply all the different shadows (highlighter, wash, etc) and what types of colours do I use? I also find that bright colours make my eyes look really made-up and fake. Thanks so much
smiles.gif

Beauty Mark

I would check out the tutorials. Most members make very detailed tutorials on where to apply what when. Some of them are a little moer on the wild side, but there are many that make neutral/natural eyemake up tutorials.