No experience but want to work at MAC!

Ok, I did a search but couldn't find anything similar.. Don't laugh at me... this is my first post...
I want to work at MAC ( I practically sell the items for my friends when I go to MAC) but I haven't worked at a makeup counter before.. I mean, I've done retail and sales... but not makeup. Does anyone know if a persons ever been hired because they can sell and have product knowledge? I want to apply, but am not very good at putting makeup on others... but, do they teach? Any info helps!
mac_addict.gif

Thanks!

lipshock

That would be me. :]

When I was hired, I had no experience with makeup or cosmetics other than applying it on myself and friends. I had retail experience and extensive product knowledge, so I'm going to assume that is what got me in. So, it can happen but I was told that my situation doesn't happen very often -- at least not with being employed straight off at a freestanding store rather than starting off on the freelance team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie_070405
you could apply as a cashier????

Thanks! I was thinking about it... Does anyone know if only freestanding locations have cashiers? And is there usually only 1 cashier/store? I don't see cashiers... usually I see makeup artists just ringing the sales themselves...???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
That would be me. :]

When I was hired, I had no experience with makeup or cosmetics other than applying it on myself and friends. I had retail experience and extensive product knowledge, so I'm going to assume that is what got me in. So, it can happen but I was told that my situation doesn't happen very often -- at least not with being employed straight off at a freestanding store rather than starting off on the freelance team.

Did they teach you how to do makeup? I mean, Ican do myself and my sisters.... but, have never ventured to do others! I mean, I'm assuming they want to see a portfolio? Can you share how you were given the op to be a MUA? Did you talk to the manager...artists? B/c I go so much, everyone knows me and they always say, "Stop selling the makeup for us!" Seriously, I am always willing to talk to ppl I don't know at MAC to tell them about things! Weird, but true... I dunno. I'm addicted........
winkiss.gif