Nordstrom or Sephora?

MsSoFarGone

Hi everyone!

I need some help and I know you all tend to give some great advice. I have had an interview for Sephora and I went through the interviews for Nordstrom as well. I only have one more interview for Nordstrom and that is meeting the makeup vendor. I was told that they are thinking about placing me in Bobbi Brown. My question is which one is the better company to work for? I am looking for a place that I can enjoy, have good benefits, and grow in my skills. I do know about Sephora's gratis.
thmbup.gif
I am not an expert mua yet by far, but I know that I will have training in both places.

Which place should I lean more towards to work?

Thanks!

RetroPinup

Nordstrom is a great company. You can really grow. Esp with Bobbi you will be very busy and get to do lots of makeovers. Makeovers wld be more natural of course so wouldn't practice as much color. Being busy will mean great commission, but also means high sales goals and SPH goals to make. Have to plan your vac time or request days off min. a month in advance. If you love to sell and are good at it, it seems like a good match. Set hours too.
Sephora I hear is an amazing company. They want you to have a work life balance and you can actually get weekends off. I hear you just need 2 week notice to request a day off. They work with people going to school. The don't have indiviual sales goals, but if the store gets above goal everyone gets a bonus. Less stress, a little less pay depending on exp. They aren't into makeover as much. You wld have to be in the color area. The hours are flex, so you cld be hired on as 0-20 hrs and work 10 hrs one week and 18hrs the next.

I worked at Nordstrom for 2 yrs and freelanced at Sephora :)