Not Sure If This Is The Right Forum...

frocher

That's a weird comment. I wonder if she realized her mistake later and kicked herself for it. It would have annoyed me as well.

User49

I've had comments before as well. I think that when you become friendly with them they just want to look out for you and know that spending a lot of money is not good for the bank. But at the same time if you want to spend that much you should be able to. I must admit it made me feel a bit awkward about going there again, but you can't let what people say get to you really. Don't let it stop you from buying again. I work for Benefit and agree with what Violet B said! The more someone spends the happier I am! I bet if they got commission they wouldn't have said that to you lol!
smiles.gif

lethaldesign

The only person who comments on my MAC spending is my boyfriend
smiles.gif
lol... &he has a right to because our money goes toward some joint bills. But I never put MAC (or any other makeup/beauty products for that matter) on my credit cards. Its always cash or debit.

My fave MA works at a freestanding &she is ALWAYS happy to see me when I go in. I spend at least a couple hundred dollars a month there &even though she doesn't receive commission, she says she loves when I come in because I'm knowledgable about the products &she gets a chance to talk to a customer (rather than another MA) about the products &new/upcoming collections. I could NEVER see her making a comment like that. If you are in sales or retail, your goal is to make SALES. Why should it matter to them how much you are buying??? Especially if its because you are buying a lot!

Beauty Mark

Maybe, if she thought you two were somewhat friends, she thought it was good-natured teasing? I think it depends on how she said it. It's an off color remark, but I'm not sure if she meant to be hurtful

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Maybe, if she thought you two were somewhat friends, she thought it was good-natured teasing? I think it depends on how she said it. It's an off color remark, but I'm not sure if she meant to be hurtful

I agree...the first thing that popped into my head is that she might be concerned about your spending (I wonder why...she's not your momma!), but I don't think it was done with bad intentions...