NW 15 looking for lipstick

lipstickvirgin

Hello there,

I am new to this site new to this thread and new to using lipstick and lipglass and SEMI new to MAC products.
I've used MAC on and off for the last few years mostly just foundations and blush but thats it. Since i have relatively small lips i haven't been into drawing attention to them .. but I've also realized having a full face of makeup and nothing but chapstick on my lips looks ridiculous too.

I am looking for lipsticks and lipglass' that i can wear without bringing TOO much attention to the fact that I'm wearing lipstick. I work at a dry cleaner so standing there wearing hot pink lipstick would be a bit off. I want to buy a few everyday anytime lipsticks/lipglass'.

I also want to get a really nice red or pink for when i go out.

I should also say i went to MAC this weekend and picked up OXBLOOD lipglass .. the girl who helped me recommended it ... and it was amazing it went very nicely with my skin tone and my lip color.

as it says in the title i am a NW15. i don't know my summer color bc i haven't used mac in the summer yet.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED ! thank you !!

shellygrrl

Staff member
:waves: Next time you're at a MAC counter look for some lipliners and lipsticks that are as close to your natural lipcolour as possible -- a "my lips but better" shade. For a red, something like MAC Red or Viva Glam I. These are pretty universal shades, I think. For a pink it depends on how bright. You've got Pink Nouveau which has some brightness but not too much. There's Show Orchid or Candy Yum Yum which are really bright. Or you've got your more nude pinks like Mehr, Viva Glam II or V.

gildedangel

Welcome to the forum! As a fellow NW15, maybe I can help? I recommend that you try on colors at the store or counter you go to since skintone alone won't determine what lipstick colors look good on you; hair color, eye color and lip pigmentation can change how a color pulls on you.

I particularly like Viva Glam V and Sweetie for more subtle lipsticks. As for reds my favorites are MAC Red and Russian Red, or if you want to go more berry Rebel is a great color. Pinks, like Shelly said are really based on how dark/light or bright you want the pink to be. MAC has a pretty solid selection of pinks so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding one that you like, and Shelly's suggestions are a great place to start.

As for lipgloss, I'm less familiar with this side of the MAC lineup since I don't wear it much. However, Nymphette is a great pink that is good for everyday. MAC also carries a clear lipgloss in a tube that might work well for work for you.

BandNerdChic

For some more subtle shades to ease you into it, I adore Syrup (a sheer plum), and Hot Tahiti (a sheer red). Hot Tahiti especially looks amazing on fair girls!

Arlandria

Mac Red and Russian Red looks ah-mazing with fair skin! You should try them at a counter :)

As for the My lips but better, I feel it's pretty safe to start with semi light flesh tones. Try Shy Girl (a GREAT option for new lipstick wearers), Patisserie (one of my favs) and Hue. Non of them are to pink that they look weird on fair skin or are too "oh you're wearing lipstick!). I also like Bare Again when I want a nude lip, so it might work for you as well :)