Ok ladies, they say if its too good to be true...

panda0410

This one is hard to say. The seller clearly states that these brushes DID NOT come with the brush case, so it may be possible that they are authentic brushes that were simply put into that case.
Having said that MAC hasnt sold brush sets (except the SE sets) for some considerable period of time, and I would be dubious unless I got better pics and close ups of the handles, ferrules and brush bristles to be sure.

MsButterfli

yep same thing i was thinking, cuz that would be a great price to get the full sized brushes for that price..but im a little scared lol

*edit, ok just for the hell of it, i called the number listed on the site, dude said they were all out of the MAC brushes but had the Bobbi Brown ones, and then refers me to a seller on ebay "BargainPad" who sells MAC brushes..

interesting...lol

yes im bored at work on a holiday lol

panda0410

Just ask for some close up pics and see what you get. If they wont do it then walk away
smiles.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsButterfli
yep same thing i was thinking, cuz that would be a great price to get the full sized brushes for that price..but im a little scared lol

*edit, ok just for the hell of it, i called the number listed on the site, dude said they were all out of the MAC brushes but had the Bobbi Brown ones, and then refers me to a seller on ebay "BargainPad" who sells MAC brushes..

interesting...lol

yes im bored at work on a holiday lol

Ummmm, BargainPad?? They have sold dozens of fakes, stay far far away from them...LOL!

MsButterfli

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Ummmm, BargainPad?? They have sold dozens of fakes, stay far far away from them...LOL!

lol, ive gotten one brush from ebay that was a real 187.. havent tried my luck since lol, im starting to slowly accumulate real ones between CCO's and the MAC store lol

panda0410

Brushes are hard business and I try not to buy from ebay unless I know the seller well. Most of mine have come from MAC, and they are terribly expensive - we have one brush here (#134) that retails at $104, ouch!!!

wolfsong

$104! Gosh, its no wonder that brushes are always in demand, and that their is such a business for counterfeits. You cant tell me that it costs anywhere near $104 to make and ship that one MAC brush (in bulk) to Australia?! Even if they were made one by one lol! Buying from trusted USA sellers is sometimes the smartest option IMO. I have issues paying 40-50 pounds for a single brush when i know 90% of the time im going to revert to (clean) fingers - its easier and more fun! I guess i just dont love MAC enough
graucho.gif

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Brushes are hard business and I try not to buy from ebay unless I know the seller well. Most of mine have come from MAC, and they are terribly expensive - we have one brush here (#134) that retails at $104, ouch!!!

I reckon Australia's MAC is the most expensive RRP compared to other countries! :/