Omg! Dark smokey eyes... by CHANEL?

BunnyBunnyBunny

My MAC counter is right next to Chanel and one day a few weeks ago I showed one of the lovely ladies there the update book and some of the coming collections. She showed me a little pamphlet that showed some of the upcoming collections as well. One that really really caught my eye was one that showcased a new mascara in several colors, as well as all new dark black and grey eyeshadows and liners. Today I saw one of them opening boxes and to my delight, it was this new collection! She didn't know when it was supposed to be released because the shipment was late, but she let me buy what I wanted today! Here's what I got!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...hanelSmoky.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...anelSmoky2.jpg

No Flash.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...lBlackStar.jpg

Flash.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...BlackStar2.jpg

No Flash.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...lSmokyEyes.jpg

Flash.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...SmokyEyes2.jpg

I swatched all of the shadows and liner powders. My thoughts:

Platine single eyeshadow - Very smooth and very buildable. An icy shimmery white with a very frosty lustrous finish. Goes on very white and very shimmery.
Black Star single eyeshadow - Gorgeous dark blackened gunmetal grey with silver shimmer. Very pretty. Reminds me of Charred and Pandamonium but with a softer texture.
Noir-Lame powder eyeliner duo - I thought this was an eyeshadow duo until I saw the actual box. I swatched it on my hand and the sparkley one went on very unevenly though it did appear darker than Black Star. It seemed to have black and silver particles which seemed cool. The matte side went on very blotchy. I used my finger to swatch and my finger did get very black so maybe using the provided tools (sponge?) would give an opaque dark liner? I wasn't very impressed, honestly.
Smoky Eyes eyeshadow quad - Omg. This is soooo pretty omfg! I loooove it! The shimmery grey is so gorgeous. When compared to Black Star you can immediately tell the difference in texture. The one in the quad is ultra ultra silky, and the velvety texture of Black Star feels almost gritty in comparison. The quad's is much greyer also, but has amazing coverage and is very pretty. A lighter dark grey with silver sparkley particles.

The white is a gentle frost. It goes on with a medium coverage and has the same ultra soft texture.

The grey has the same soft frost as the white and the same texture. A great color for an all over medium grey lid.

The black is sooo gorgeous and such a unique texture to other shadows! This is the first Chanel quad I've purchased and you can really tell the difference in texture to their single shadows and other brand's shadows. The black isn't a true black, but is a buildable dark matte grey. Perfect for a crease color and would definitely compliment the other colors in the quad!

Anyone getting anything? I was so excited about these and I'm so happy to try them out! My first Chanel shadows!

lovelyweapon

They look delicious! I have a soft spot for Chanel quads & palettes.
ssad.gif
I took the plunge and bought the LE Chanel Essentielle de Chanel (multi-use make-up palette) a few months back and, honestly, I think it's been one of my best purchases since the MAC 187.

I am loving the Smokey Eyes Quad! Enjoy your goodies.
smiles.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Are the colors pigmented? Sometimes Chanel eyeshadows are not very pigmented. I am hoping you tell me they are, because the palettes are gorgeous.

Platine and Black Star both have lovely pigmentation. Show up nicely and they're quite buildable as well.
Noir Lame has terrible pigmentation. They seem hard and I was picking up alot on my finger but it wasn't going onto my hand. I patted as hard as I could and it just got blotchy, both colors. Those are for liner though so maybe they'd work with a small brush?
The quad is so gorgeous! They have about medium pigmentation. They go on sort of sheer/medium, but they are fairly buildable. Not as pigmented as the new shadows, but the texture makes up for it. They must feel sooo soft and comfy on skin.
drools.gif

SparklingWaves

Chanel e/s are so versatile. You can wear them wet, dry, layered, or add a M.A.C. pigment on them for even more intensity. Depending on the e/s color, it can be applied from sheered down (dry) to vivid color (wet).

Some of my favorite brushes are from them too. They are so soft and work exceptionally well with these e/s.

The blushes that are in the doom shape blend effortlessly on with your favorite long handled blush brush.

Recently, I read a report that the company filed for bankruptcy.
ssad.gif
I don't what the future holds for Chanel, but I am getting a few of my favorite products now.

user79

I really don't like Chanel makeup. It's terribly overpriced for just mediocre quality, imo.

rbella

I particularly love this quad. I like Chanel a lot, but I still love my MAC and NARS more!!

Krasevayadancer

I just adore chanel makeup! I am hoping for a new color pen liquid liner. I neeeed purple and green i think. Black and brown are great staples but i would love variety in that application.

Thanks for sharing bunny!

BunnyBunnyBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar
Are they really frosty?

Platine is very frosty and has a lustre-like sparkle, same with Black Star.

The quad has a sparkley grey, a very subtley frosted sheer white and grey, and a matte grey-black.

Miss QQ

I have played with this collection a few times. The star of this collection is the new mascara, Exceptionnel de Chanel, and the other products are to compliment the look.

Black Star and Platine are very pigmented, but not so for the colours in the quad. The black in the quad is not as black as Black Star and same goes with the white. However, the charcoal grey colour in the quad is gorgeous. It looks really grey on me, instead of bluish-grey. I wanted to buy the quad for the grey and silver shade but it is expensive.
ssad.gif
Still considering it though...

The eyeliner duo, as bunny mentioned, is really chalky when I swatched them with my finger. I also think that perhaps we need to use the tools. But it looks tacky and complicated for my lazy self. The mascara is great!

SparklingWaves

These were just as you described, Bunny. Those pictures were great. I purchased the quad and the Platine single e/s.

To those that have not used Chanel e/s, they are not formulated like NARS, M.A.C., Prescriptives, BB, or any other name brands that I can think of at the moment. They are different. They are very soft shadows that are made to get a sheer to more dramatic look depending on the method of application. They can take on a whole new look depending on what you are layering them over or putting on top of them.

I was taught that application with these shadows is a bit different than the other brands too. Additionally, you don't need to do all that heavy windshield motion to blend the colors with each like other lines. That's, because they are that soft. HTH.