On Call to Lancome Counter at Macy's

napalmxkitty

So I was hired as a Cosmetics Sales Associate this past holiday season and I'm working in Women's Fragrance at the moment. I don't mind fragrances but it's not my passion. I'm pretty easygoing and I find the fragrance sales associates way too catty for me. I've literally had to stop other associates from spraying down my clients with random fragrances during conversations. I'm 20 and this is my first retail job.

I love make up and I love doing make up for others. I haven't talked to my cosmetics manager or HR department but I'm calling them soon because I want to see what I can do about working at the Lancome counter. Macy's has never assigned me to anything specific other than cosmetics but my manager said just to stick with fragrances. I heard about on-calls hopping from counter to counter, so I'm wondering why she advised me not to. I am very familiar with the Lancome line since I've been using it for seven years now. I'm dying to do anything make up related ...

For now, all I can do is stand behind the Justin Bieber and Taylor Swift fragrances while I look ten feet away from me at the nice MAC girl who waves to me through the mirror when she primps herself.

Sorry for the long post but does anyone have tips on transferring to another make up counter, whether I have to apply at the Lancome counter, or what I should do as an on-call associate? I have no idea what the process is like but I'm just going to tell my manager that I'll work wonders at Lancome with my product knowledge and hopefully, she'll believe me.