Opaque Labels 100% Definitive for Fake Pigment???????

GlitterLids

First of all, thank you to all the knowledgeable, generous members here whos einformation about fake pigments has been infinitely helpful to this new member. I have relied on ebay for pigments I can't readi8ly get--pro colors and older colors I missed. Here is where I am at: I have a few pigments that look, feel, smell like the exat real thing. Matte lids, proper logos/writing, plastic insert is identical to my direct-Mac purchased pigments. the ONLY difference is that the label on the bottom of the jar is slightly opaque. Also, I have been lucky enough to have gotten these (for the most part--I have identified a few jars as fake with shiney lids and off color from "bad" sellers) from sellers on Specktra's "good" ebay list.

So, at the end of the day, is it empirically, absolutely, positively, verified that an opaque sticker = fake?

Thanks!

specktra_rocks.gif

panda0410

NO. It is absolutely NOT a definitive hallmark of a counterfeit pigment. There is only ONE such hallmark which can be used definitively to date and not all jars have it.

The opaque labels have been seen in pigments AND glitters bought directly from mac and macpro. I have had a few myself, one of my current glitters has an opaque label ~ reflects blackened red ~ and since I know exactly where it was purchased I know its authentic! Having said that the fake pigments and glitters also have the opaque base stickers - probably copied from the originals with the opaque base stickers.

One flaw does not = fake. One correct feature does not = authentic either unless you purchased it yourself DIRECTLY FROM MAC. Use your common sense people, if you are unsure of authenticity and DON'T know where it was purchased look for other features as well!!