Opinions needed (I promise, it's short!)

Chikky

So, when he goes out of town for work (like he is right now) even for just a night or two, he'll say to me before he leaves: 'You can nest in my bed, if you want'. Then he'll ask (as he did tonight) if I was there.

Um, why? I mean, why keep bringing up that I can use his house? Am I dumb and missing something? Should I be going there every time? Is he hurt that I don't every time?

TISH1124

Who knows what men think and how they rationalize......I swear I gave up years ago...as I tell my dh...If you got something to say...spit it out...My Momma didnt raise no mind reader....

kdemers1221

who knows?! like tish said men are just as complicated to us and we are to them. i'm not a mind reader tell me what you want! haha and like simply elegant said... maybe he is just curious. he wouldn't offer if he was hiding something he'd want you to stay as far away as possible.

other than that... maybe just ask him.

M.A.C. head.

IDK that's a hard one.

Maybe he's offering for you to stay there as a kind gesture, showing that he trusts you and wants you to know that you can stay there even if he's not there. He might be asking just to know, because he may be measuring something by it.

Or maybe he wants you to stay at his place because he's worried about you while he's gone and he thinks you're safer there. Who knows.

enigmaticpheo

I'm with tish for sure. Men are so complex. I tend to be a straightforward kind of girl, so if I feel like something's up, I just straight out ask. They say women beat around the bush, but HECK no. in my experience I have had to practically use a crow bar to pry the simplest things out of boys. go figure.

LoveMakeup4Real

Maybe he wants you to feel like you can completely trust him, he wants to prove his commitment by showing you that he has absolutely nothing to hide from you (hence him allowing you to go to his home when he is not present).

Chikky

Thanks guys.

So... I just asked him, hehe. I said 'How come you only want me to stay in your bed when you're not here?' Being all coy.

He said is was for me, so I could sleep in his big fluffy bed. (He has this massive king size comfy monster.

And he called me a 'troublemaker'. But he always does, and it's only in the nicest way.

kaliraksha

I know this thread is old, but I wanted to say that I think it's sweet of him. And, I agree that he wants to know that you miss him. Maybe he feels like you benefit from staying at his place? Or maybe he wants your scent on his bed when he gets back home?