Overboard Bride - Wedding Cake is Likeness of Bride

Evey

that's BEYOND ridiculous. She must think highly of herself. This is her husbands wedding as well. For her to have a life size cake made of her is completely selfish. How stupid. I feel sorry for her husband cuz he has to live with a selfish broad.

AppleDiva

My hubby said the groom looks scared/nervous in the photo. I agree and the horror of having to live with her. I hope she does not expect the kids to look like her.
winks.gif

Chic 2k6

The cake is very well made i have to say but I do agree that it is incredibly selfish and vain to have a cake like that of herself

if she can afford a cake of herself, why not get the doll she wanted in the first place? for £150,000 in the UK you can get a waxwork of yourself done by madame tussauds company

Cosmopolitics

Holy moly, that cake is CREEPY.

It reminds me of that Tom Petty video "Don't Come Around Here No More" with the Alice in Wonderland theme, and at the end of the video Alice is a cake and she is getting sliced up and eaten.

That video scared me as a kid, so therefore, that cake unnerves me.

MiCHiE

It reminds me of an "Autopsy" story. You know the ones where they find some bones and a skull and try to recreate who they belonged to?

iheartcolor

I think it is totally asinine. Can you imagine the poor bridesmaids?! "Oh yeah, that is a great idea"
th_worship.gif

And the cake maker?? "You want WHAT?!?"
blink.gif

-Lauren

kimmy

if i was he husband, i'd be a little pissed off that i wasn't made into a giant dessert, too.

jillianjiggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Phoenix

I'd never do that full body cake. I wonder who gets the head...

they'll save it in the freezer for their first anniversary, of course!

Evey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
thats sooo gay.

LOL! That made me laugh really hard for some reason....
th_LMAO.gif

misstwiggwinkle

Bride has wedding cake made into life-size model of herself

For one bride, her perfect wedding had to have that extra layer. So American Chidi Ogbuta had a life-size wedding cake made in her own image.

Standing over 5ft tall, the spectacular cake, made up of butterscotch and polymer clay, was an exact replica of the bride in her wedding dress.

WeddingCakeBrideBM_468x646.jpg

The six-layered masterpiece was a dream come true for the Texan, and took pride of place when she re-newed her vows to her husband of ten years, Innocent.

"Growing up I have always wanted a doll made in my likeness," explained Chidi, 35-year-old mother of four.

"So, when we started planning for our church wedding I told my husband that I wanted a unique, personalised wedding - a wedding where my dream will come true.

"I told Innocent that I wanted a life-size cake made in my resemblance - as I would look on my wedding day. He gave his consent without reservations."

Initially Chidi wanted giant cakes made of both her and Innocent, 35, but the bakers, 'Absolutely Edible Cakes', didn't have enough time before the big day.

It took five weeks to make the cake of Chidi - with the cake itself butterscotch and the body, head and arms made from polymer clay - after she supplied them with photographs of herself wearing the dress.

Given its size, there was plenty to go round the guests at the ceremony last September.

"We had over 500 guests and even after we had dished it out there was still plenty left," recalls Chidi. "We brought the rest of it home and a week later it was all gone."

macBARBIE

omg i wonder how much she paid for that cake!!!!!!!!!!! that's so crazy! well..it's a cool idea---but i dont know about a wedding..seems kinda tacky to me...

BeautyPsycho

I would love to have a food fight with that cake... rip off her arm (cake arm) and punch her in the head (real head)

Brie

I saw this about a week back on another forum i visit. My reaction is still the same, "what a waste of money!". I just don't get it. I personally think she must love herself to death to even contemplate that one. But hey she made it into world wide news huh.