Paints and a question :\

freaksinunif0rm

Grrrr!!!

I recently bought Bare Canvas paint to use as a base (I used to use concealer as a base). I love the texture to death but it creases like mad! I don't get it...

Does anyone else have this problem, or am I just weird?

Oh, my question...ummmm. What's a good base to use, aside from paints?

Also, could anyone give any tips on blending in the crease? I can never do it, especially on highly pigmented colors.

Twanks!

shopgood

the only paint i've used is untitled but that doesn't ever crease on me. weeird.. maybe you're using too much?? i dunno..
and someone on here said shadesticks were good to use as bases.

prinzessin784

you really only need to use a TINY bit, otherwise it creases so it's a win-lose kind of product! You have to be careful with it because it's easy to go overboard. I have the best luck applying it with my fingers to get the perfect amount on and an even application. HTH!

adorkable

I usually start with my finger and then spread it with a concealer brush. Also, i put it on as THIN as possible all over from lit to brow and then slightly build it for more coverage. I find that when I put it on thick to begin with, it can easily crease and flake. It's pretty much a trial and error process, but when I get it right, I love it!

Katja

I use Stilife paint, and I've never had a problem with creasing, but I hear if you put on too much it tends to crease. Just practice the amount you put out, and if you need more then build.
smiles.gif

A lot of members choose to use shadesticks as well. I've never tried them, but they sound promising. Also Urban Decay makes a primer potion that I hear is great, no creasing or budging of e/s.
smiles.gif

Good luck.

Hawkeye

Yes, everyone is correct. You are using WAYYY too much.
all you really need is the absolute tiniest amount possible. Also after I use it I let it dry for a few seconds. Then I use a nude powder from lashline to browbone for extra staying power
greengrin.gif

kchan99

I use a very small amount of Paints as primer. Without squeezing the tube, I take out a small amount with the tip of toothpick. Then I apply with my finger. Once in awhile, but less than once a week, I do have to squeeze the tube.