Paypal Questions

CantAffordMAC

Everytime I buy with paypal, it always says "paid with e-check"

It takes at least 4 or 5 days to clear.

Does this mean I am using CC paypal or non CC paypal? The account is linked to my checking account. I don't understand what people mean when they are selling something and they say "No e checks, non CC paypal only" Everytime I've bought anything it went through as an e check, its like I have no choice.

I looked on paypal for any information on this but I couldn't figure it out.
th_dunno.gif

gigglegirl

I don't have my paypal linked to my bank account, only a credit card so it goes into the other person's account pretty quickly and obviously I pay by CC (credit card). I'm pretty sure that since its connected to your checking account, you are non-CC paypal. I think the only other option I've familar with for Paypal is if you link up your bank account and move over X dollars to paypal--then its out of your bank account and sitting at paypal. My understanding for an e-check is that its in your bank account until you use your paypal to make a payment and then and only for that value does it come out of your bank account and straight to the person you are paying.

Sorry that was long-winded!

EDIT: If you wanted to have another option of paying through paypal, you could add money to your paypal account or just link up a credit card and then when making a payment, choose which form you'd like to use.

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCuppyCakes
If you do an e-check search on PayPal you'll be given about 11 queries to check. HTH

I'm sorry, I don't understand?

SlimSugar

an e-check is like a regular check with out writing it out and mailing it. its gonna take about 4-5 days to clear.. thats the non cc paypal. cc paypal is when u have your credit card attached to the paypal and its like going to the store and using your credit card to buy something. regular paypal is when you have the funds in paypal and its automatically deducted from the money you have in there like a gift card.

Hope that helped!

MsCuppyCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
I'm sorry, I don't understand?

On the first page of PayPal's site they have a search button. Type in e-check and it will give you 11 threads to understanding e-check. At the bottom of the every page they all have a Contact us Button, which you could use to have them walk you through changing your payment preference. HTH

athena123

cantaffordmac, I always noticed the same thing with Paypal when I first opened the account. I originally had it linked to my checking account. When I added my debit card, which is ALSO linked to my checking account, PayPal treated it as a second form of backup payment and now my payments are immediate, which means less delay on eBay purchases.

HTH,

Athena

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena123
cantaffordmac, I always noticed the same thing with Paypal when I first opened the account. I originally had it linked to my checking account. When I added my debit card, which is ALSO linked to my checking account, PayPal treated it as a second form of backup payment and now my payments are immediate, which means less delay on eBay purchases.

HTH,

Athena

well my checking account is my debit card.

SlimSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSugar
an e-check is like a regular check with out writing it out and mailing it. its gonna take about 4-5 days to clear.. thats the non cc paypal. cc paypal is when u have your credit card attached to the paypal and its like going to the store and using your credit card to buy something. regular paypal is when you have the funds in paypal and its automatically deducted from the money you have in there like a gift card.

Hope that helped!

did u read this??

MiCHiE

e-check is an 'electronic check' that the other person gets.

Instant Transfer via

PayPal funds (funds already in your PayPal account)

Checking Account (an account that is linked to Paypal; funds are automatically and instantly drafted, if available)

Credit Card (same as above except funds are drafted from your specified CC)

Is e-check the only option you have? Try logging in and going to 'Profile' under 'My Account' to edit your banking info. But, you should also have an option that lets you do an instant transfer if your account is linked and verified(?).

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimSugar
did u read this??

I did read it. It helped a lot--thanks
winks.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
e-check is an 'electronic check' that the other person gets.

Instant Transfer via

PayPal funds (funds already in your PayPal account)

Checking Account (an account that is linked to Paypal; funds are automatically and instantly drafted, if available)

Credit Card (same as above except funds are drafted from your specified CC)

Is e-check the only option you have? Try logging in and going to 'Profile' under 'My Account' to edit your banking info. But, you should also have an option that lets you do an instant transfer if your account is linked and verified(?).

Yeah...I looked under my profile and I tried to change some things. i added my debit card but since it has VISA on it, it seemed to add a credit card instead. But I just did a transaction this morning and I must've done something right because it was an instant transfer (wow how quick and easy it was, too)

Thanks everyone for all of your help, now I'm not so paypal-illiterate.
yes.gif

athena123

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
i added my debit card but since it has VISA on it, it seemed to add a credit card instead. But I just did a transaction this morning and I must've done something right because it was an instant transfer (wow how quick and easy it was, too)

Thanks everyone for all of your help, now I'm not so paypal-illiterate.
yes.gif

Yes ma'am, that's exactly what happened after I added my debit card. Since it has the Visa logo, Paypal treated it as a credit card [2nd backup form of funding] so now all the payments go through immediately!