People in Florida, a Q for you

Chic 2k6

Heya people
greengrin.gif

I'm potentially going to Florida in August with my Mom, and we're planning to go to Orlando and visit the universal studios, and what part of Florida is Orlando? im guessing Florida Keys but im not sure!

TIA!

P.S. How hot does it get in the summer? How much does it cost to get into Universal Studios?
hmm.gif

little teaser

no orlando is not in the keys its not even close to south florida.. go on line and look up a florida map.
it gets really hot in the summer 90s-100

YvetteJeannine

Orlando is more toward the 'middle' of the state of Florida. I think Florida is a lovely state...My husband's parents live in the Gulf Coast (Panama City area), and it is like a tropical dream...They have some property there, and want us to come and build a house there (I would love to..if only my sisters weren't here...the most important two people in the world to me)...Anyway...Orlando still gets hot in the summer...and be prepared for the HUMIDITY!! Lots of funfunfun things to do!!!

I can't intelligently comment on the admission price of Universal Studios..'cause when my husband and I went to Disney a couple years ago we stayed in a Disney Resort, so we got a 'package price'...I will tell you it is *probably* anywhere from $60-$100/American.

My suggestion would be to go to Epcot instead...My husband and I didn't really like Universal...It was OK...but nothing special. I would say if you have ONE theme park to go to, Epcot should be your first choice...IMO, by FAR the most fun! SO much to do....Also, if you're going in the summer, (if you like water and swimming) you should try as hard as you can to get over to the Disney water park (there are two...A tropical themed parked and a Blizzard themed water park)...I went to the tropical themed park, and it was one of the BEST times I've EVER had in my life (I could spend eternity in the water, though....so if you're not a swimmer, you may not like it). Look it up online...it's got the world's largest wave pool...WOW...that thing was AMAAAAZING...the waves truly were HUGE...almost at the dangerous level! It also boasts the world's tallest/fastest water slide (hang on to your swimsuit...). Anyway, what I'm basically trying to say here, is IMO, you should forgo UNIVERSAL, and try Epcot and the water park...I don't think you'll regret it
smiles.gif

giz2000

Orlando is in Central Florida (about 8 hours north of the Florida Keys!) Yvette Jeannine is totally correct...I LOVE Epcot way more than Universal (although both are fun...
smiles.gif
)...it's wicked hot in the summer and there's mega-humidity (usually in the high 80's - mid 90s with oer 80% humidity - that means super hot and sticky!)

Indian Barbie

Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney! Disney!

Chic 2k6

thanks ladies
greengrin.gif
I study Media Studies in college and seeing Universal Studios would be like film related stuff
greengrin.gif
I'll check out Epscot and Disney Water Park, might be able to visit all of them!