Pin Up Look

User49

hmm.gif
Could any1 post some pics using mac products of the pin up look ? I love it!!! -:nana:- Or... does any1 have any links? I'm a major fan of this look (think Gwen and Bettie P) but I can't seem to tailor it to my complextion (ivory-biege)?

Fairybelle

^^Yes--Agree!! There was LOTS of time and effort spent on these tutorials, so give 'em some love by visiting and getting inspired!

flowerhead

Always use Boot black liquid liner on the eyes, with an eyeshadow like vanilla on the lid and maybe a neutral brown in the crease to define a la Monroe. Pin-up girls did use to wear pastel greens and blues on their eyes aswell, and don't forget a matte, bright lipstick like Ruby Woo which is a blue-toned true red and Glam which is a bright pinky-red.

kimmy

ivory/beige is the perfect skintone for the pinup look, imo. most of the pinups in the 1940s and 1950s had very pale, porcelain-esque skin. a very important thing to focus on when trying to achieve the pinup look is flawless skin.
winks.gif
and you can never go wrong with a light rosy blush!

User49

clap.gif
Thanks! I bought the Ruby Woo Lipstick the other day and a red lip liner to go with it! I have studio fix foundation and i thought I'd mix it with this really pale Body Shop foundation for the skin. It does seem that this look suits a certain type of person! I wish I could pull it off with as much finess as others! It's such a gorgoues look! So classic! And myseterious! If any1 can suggest any other websites or forums for how to guides or pics I would really appreciate it! I've had a look at the tuts and they are very helpfull!
cheerleader.gif
Thanks!!!

user79

A very simple way of achieving this look is dark red or wine coloured lips, a neutral coloured eye with a black winged liquid eyeliner.

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitternmyveins
It does seem that this look suits a certain type of person! I wish I could pull it off with as much finess as others! It's such a gorgoues look! So classic! And myseterious!

Actually, I think the pinup look suits EVERYONE personally!

The one thing that nobody's mentioned yet is that it's important to have perfectly groomed and filled-in brows to do "vintage" well, it's the one thing I find to be next to impossible, but a fairly minimal eye with a black "lick" of liner and beatifully shaped dark brows, and you're half way to pinup-tastic gorgeousness!

freaksinunif0rm

miss-vintage.com is a good resource!

It has a whole section devoted to Marilyn Monroe and a basic explanation of stuff from the 20s to the 70s.

Also check out the fedora lounge.

When I used to wear pin-up, I used russian red lipstick, pink swoon blush, brun to fill in my brows, a color to highlight (usually vapour), a neutral or really light color on the lid, dark color in crease, and blacktrack fluidliner (winged, top lid only). And tons and tons of mascara!