Pink Lips???

hyperRealGurl

Do u ladies ever have a problem with lipstick...l/g.. any lip product really always looking nude.. or semi nude on the lips no matter what color it is?

ebonyannette

I do, my lips are brown with a little bit of pink in the middle so pretty much any color looks "muted" on my lips. I see alot of girls here put
foundation or primer on their lips to get the true color, I guess that
works but why is it that they dont pigment lip colors better?

toby1

Juneplum had a good idea in another thread where she indicated that hs e1st uses Cushy lipliner and then Brick liner on top of it for her red lipstick shades. I'm sure that would work with other colors as well Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
I do, my lips are brown with a little bit of pink in the middle so pretty much any color looks "muted" on my lips. I see alot of girls here put
foundation or primer on their lips to get the true color, I guess that
works but why is it that they dont pigment lip colors better?

Indigowaters

Yes. I swipe a little foundation over them when I'm doing my whole face and then I put on Coquettish Clarice Tinted lip conditioner. It stains my lips just enough so that the color from lipglass, lustreglass or whatever will show up better. Hope that helps!

Bootyliciousx

Same here when I use pink it comes biege or not pink or the way it looks on another when I use it. I usually try to put foundation underneath sometimes. But I have notcied when I play around with other lispticks and wipe it off( not wash it) and then put the pink lipstick on it comes on more pinkish than without just putting it on. SO true.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl77
I must be having this same problem. Because, I swear everything I put on looks the same to me.

aint that some shit? ..... lol i like whats up wit dat? same with blush

Janice

Have any of you tried the Amplified line of MAC lipsticks? I really like them, they are opaque, heavily pigmented, and not drying. Lipliner, Amplified LS, and lipgloss (lipgloss softens the amplifieds texture) is a fall back combo for me when I want a longwear lip without my natural pigmented lip color altering the shade. If anyone bought Zandra it's an Amplified.
greengrin.gif

IslandGirl77

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl

Yeah, that's another problem I have. Blush, all seems to look the same on me. And when I try to put more, it looks crazy.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Have any of you tried the Amplified line of MAC lipsticks? I really like them, they are opaque, heavily pigmented, and not drying. Lipliner, Amplified LS, and lipgloss (lipgloss softens the amplifieds texture) is a fall back combo for me when I want a longwear lip without my natural pigmented lip color altering the shade. If anyone bought Zandra it's an Amplified.
greengrin.gif

Amplified line?
hmm.gif
Please explain. Is this on MAC's site?

Lady_MAC

It's a finish; you can view them on the mac site where you choose to look at the individual finishes.

Indigowaters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_MAC
It's a finish; you can view them on the mac site where you choose to look at the individual finishes.

Ok. Thanks!

MacVirgin

Quote:

Yeah me too.. thats why i don't own a lot of lipstuff so why bother
th_rolleye0014.gif
. That's why it lookes like ialways have nude lipps. Only purples and red look difrent.

Same thing with blushes. If i want them to realy show their real color, i have to put them havier.

Only the msf's show their real color on me. Theyall look difrent or at least close to how they must look like on my skin. So that i'm real happy with.

Me220

For Lips, I really like amplified creams, because they definitely color the full lip. I also like Pink Maribu l/s, it looks nude-ish, but the frost helps change the color. I would suggest buying bolder shades: they won't look as harsh because of your skin tone, and the pigment in your lips. You'll get the difference you want without looking clownish.

For blush, I've become a fan of layering different blushes, and using cream blushes. Posey is good, it's really bright but can be blended down, it provides a nice color. It's really nice under Shooting Star MSF.

MacVirgin

yup! posey is my absolute fav blush, it looks how it's suposed to on me! love it!. That's on of my bases too for other blushes and some msf's or pearlizers
smiles.gif

neotrad

I would like to have the 'problem'!
Cause I love semi-nude colored lipsticks/lip products and even some of them look really too pigmented on my very pigmented lips. :/

Try MAC Cream Color Bases in Pearl and/or Luna on your lips before applying your lip product. They should help it look like it's the color you see in its tube/bullet.

L281173

I apply both foundation and powder to my lips before lining lips. I think apply my lip color

BinkysBaby

Quote:
Do u ladies ever have a problem with lipstick...l/g.. any lip product really always looking nude.. or semi nude on the lips no matter what color it is?

Ha, ha, ha. With the lip glass and lustre glass, I do find that the color is not apparent withou a lip liner. But with lipstick, the color shows up perfectly and I love it. Sometimes, I put the lip stick on and a complimentary lip glass for a little added shine. The lip glass is especially difficult for me because my top lip is pink and my bottom one is brown >>>>> don't laugh, my dad told me that I was special when I asked him why my lips were colored that way
smiles.gif

ebonyannette

^ha ha ha!!! my top one is brown and my bottom one has permanent brown liner! LOL! the only part that is pink is the inner bottom lip
ssad.gif

I used to be so mad when I was younger, but being as dark as I am with bright pink lips wouldnt look right so I guess God knew what He was doing!

sexypuma

It's funny, i wanted those lips... mine are pinkish brown. To remedy the problem of the lipgloss that doesn't show, i only use bright colours like pink poodle, magnetique, veneer lip laquer and lots of red lip stuff.

Latest posts