Pink Lips???

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Have any of you tried the Amplified line of MAC lipsticks? I really like them, they are opaque, heavily pigmented, and not drying.
greengrin.gif

I couldn't agree more!
Though I don't have the problem that the thread starter has with pink lipstick, for literally decades I could NOT find a red lipstick that looked red once applied to my lips.
Red is one of my very favorite colors, so this state of affairs really bothered me.
I'd put on a red lipstick that looked so gorgeous in the tube, only to have to spend all day listening to people ask, "Why are you wearing that deep pink lipstick with a red outfit?"
A trifling thing, I realize, but it got on the ol' nerves!
Then, at the age of 42, I discovered MAC "Powerhouse," and everything changed!
winks.gif

"Powerhouse," an Amplified shade, looks RED on me, not deep pink, not orange, not fuchsia, just pure, stoplight, Santa's suit, fire engine, no-doubt about it RED!
I could not love a lipstick more!
God blessed me with full, shapely lips, so I can really enjoy this color.
I own several other Amplified shades, and I highly, highly recommend them to anyone who wants full coverage, long wear, and a comfortable feel.
As MAC lipstick formulas go, Amplifieds are second only to Frosts for me!

Kels823

My problem is that pinks look too PINK on me... I look like a kid.. I just tried to wear a berry color today (Not mac, by Prestige in Angora) and it looks too pinky.. too... I cant think of the word.. Sorry, this is kinda OT...

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels823
My problem is that pinks look too PINK on me... I look like a kid.. I just tried to wear a berry color today (Not mac, by Prestige in Angora) and it looks too pinky.. too.....

I am NOT saying this only because this is a MAC forum, but I don't feel that I ever really knew what lipstick is until I met MAC.
eyelove.gif

I love the coverage, the feel, the taste, the wear, the color selection; just everything about it.
I'm wearing "Odyssey" today, and it looks GREAT, a beautiful shimmery purple-toned plum.
My first MAC lipstick was "Girl About Town." After that one, I never looked back; I own well over 20 MAC lipsticks now, and expect to buy more.

Film_Noir

I always apply Chestnut lipliner to my lower lip as it is pink while the top is brown. This remedies the issue for me.

mjalomo

When I try to wear light colors, I look like I've rubbed one of those malted easter eggs in pastel colors on my lips. Not pretty! Blush shows up fine on my skin, but anything dark enough to wear looks so different on me. Fresh Morrocan looks like I'm wearing no lipstick; Odyssey looks pinkish plum. I just keep on buying and trying hoping to strike gold one day.

Sundae

wow, i'm just the opposite when wearing pink lip gloss. I'm a nw55 and pink shows up just fine on my lips. I wouldn't wear pink lipstick, i think the lip gloss is fine enough for me as it shows up a little too well.
My favourate shade is from bobbi brown's Divine. I love it! Thing is, I would've NEVER chose that shade if i saw it as I thought I wouldn't be able to wear it very well, but its my FAVOURATE shade. It was when i had a make over at the counter they tried it on me and ever since then its been a staple.

I have to use a small amount of gloss because it shows up too well, whether its mac, bobbi brown or avon lol.

I do however think that if you can't get it to show on your lips to put a primer/foundation on first

Latest posts