PLEASE HELP - Advice about Brushes

ellienellie

MAC Brushes
Hi all
I'm new to this site and also new to MAC (a late starter! LOL).

I wanted to see if someone/anyone! - could please clear something up for me regarding MAC brushes, I ask because I've seen so many contradictory views about MAC numbering on their brushes.

Some people say on genuine MAC brushes it should only be printed and easily "wiped" off with your nail.
Others say it should only be engraved?
th_dunno.gif

Somebody Please help!!

Thanks in advance
smiles.gif

redambition

The MAC and number of the brush should be stamped onto the brush in silver. When you run your finger over it you should feel that the text is actually imprinted into the wood. When the silver comes off you should still see the imprint. How much texture you feel depends on how the brush has been stamped: some of mine have been stamped quite hard, others have the detail almost level with the rest of the brush.

As for the silver text scratching off easily with a fingernail: some of mine do, some of mine don't. The ones that aren't heavily imprinted sometimes start to flake when I scratch at them. The ones that are deeply stamped stay well put. As the brushes are handmade and made in different locations this is normal.

ellienellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
The MAC and number of the brush should be stamped onto the brush in silver. When you run your finger over it you should feel that the text is actually imprinted into the wood. When the silver comes off you should still see the imprint. How much texture you feel depends on how the brush has been stamped: some of mine have been stamped quite hard, others have the detail almost level with the rest of the brush.

As for the silver text scratching off easily with a fingernail: some of mine do, some of mine don't. The ones that aren't heavily imprinted sometimes start to flake when I scratch at them. The ones that are deeply stamped stay well put. As the brushes are handmade and made in different locations this is normal.

Thanks for that.
So it seems it's not as straightforward as I hoped.
Can you tell me if you have the 219 brush, and is it printed?
I have the 224 and 242 and both are engraved. But I had a 219 and it was printed.

Thanks again
smiles.gif

redambition

my 219 has it stamped very lightly - almost like it's printed but there are some slight edges to the lettering.