Please help me be gold!!!??

Pinkydoll

Hey,

Im dressing up as a greek goddess for halloween and was hoping to have my skin looking as if it's gold!! Not tanned gold.. but real gold!!
yes.gif

I was thinking of using a gold pigment and brushing it on my body!??!!!! It would be just on my face, arms and legs...I don't want to look too golden either, I've looked into bodypaints & airbrushing but the effects seem a little too severe for what im actually looking for!!
My question is what gold pigment would you recommend and what would be the best method of applying it to my arms & Legs?? If I just brushed it on with a powder brush would this be ok??
Any help appreciated.... thaaaanks! xxxx
winkiss.gif

emeraldjewels

I would use blondes gold, if you can get that. I think brushing it on with a powder brush would be fine. Its what I would do

Kiss and Makeup

If the powder brush isn't thick enough, like if it's putting on the pigment too lightly, I'd try a kabuki.

Blonde's gold is really pretty, but for the price you only get half of the container. What about Vintage Gold from the Gold Fever collection at Nordstrom? That color's really pretty and is a true gold, where, to me, Blonde's Gold is a peachy gold. At least on me.

I just looked at your picture, after posting, and saw you're more tan than I am. You could also use Museum Bronze, too.

Zoffe

That's such a great idea!

I'm not much help but I think using a "sticky" body lotion/body butter before applying the pigment will help it stick better to your skin. Or you could even try mixing the pigment into the body lotion before you apply it.

RoseyPosey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoffe
That's such a great idea!

I'm not much help but I think using a "sticky" body lotion/body butter before applying the pigment will help it stick better to your skin. Or you could even try mixing the pigment into the body lotion before you apply it.

i agree.

or try mixing some pigment with lotion in your hand then applying it toyour body then. i think that would work best!

Pinkydoll

Thanks all!
thmbup.gif

Im going to take a trip into MAC tomorrow and try out some gold pigments!!
Yayyyy, can't wait for halloween!!!!
yes.gif

Thanks again xxx