Please, someone explain to me. . .

lipshock

Pixie,
I think six pictures is a good number for a FOTD when concerned with being "pic heavy", but anything past like maybe 8 or even 10 in some instances (I guess when I really, really like the makeup) is a bit much.

Sharyn,
The blurry picture and lack of products listed definitely gets me too. If you're going to post a FOTD at least list the products use just in case someone really likes it and wants to duplicate the look. That's why I am thankful for the new FOTD guidelines.
smiles.gif

Chic 2k6

i only post two pics, most would be 4 if i do close up eye shots. It annoys me as well with tonnes of pics looking the same, i'm like, k... ive seen two, that's enough.

/rant lol

Shimmer

Great. Now people not only have to worry about people a) not responding to the post at all, b) making unkind comments, or c) being just generally rude (though I think Specktra's community is better about that than other sites I've seen...we don't allow non constructive criticism...), they also have to worry about whether they've posted 'too many' pictures.
Yikes.

Chic 2k6

don't get me wrong, i like seeing EOTDs, FOTDs to get inspiration and if i see something that catches my attention, I comment on it saying it's awesome, looks great and also praise the poster's skills as well. I'm one of those impatient people who needs to learn patience lol

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalleyGirl
I'd love to know what the point of posting extreme close-ups of lips in the FOTD section is...it really creeps me out sometimes, close-ups of the eye I can understand, but the lips? Especially when you can see lip hair?

lmao.gif

lipshock

Shimmer,

I didn't mean for it come to off like I was trying to be mean, I was just simply stating my opinion on the matter. :shrug: Next time, I'll just keep it to myself.

And I don't think people have to worry about anything. If they want to post as many pictures as they want, they can. I wasn't saying they shouldn't. All I was saying is that I don't understand the point when they all look pretty much the same.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chic 2k6
i only post two pics, most would be 4 if i do close up eye shots. It annoys me as well with tonnes of pics looking the same, i'm like, k... ive seen two, that's enough.

/rant lol

See, that was my feeling behind it, but people are taking it to heart as if I've insulted them or something.

Oi vey.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipshock
Shimmer,

I didn't mean for it come to off like I was trying to be mean, I was just simply stating my opinion on the matter. :shrug: Next time, I'll just keep it to myself.

And I don't think people have to worry about anything. If they want to post as many pictures as they want, they can. I wasn't saying they shouldn't. All I was saying is that I don't understand the point when they all look pretty much the same.

I don't think you were being mean at all
smiles.gif

It's just that FOTDs are such a sensitive subject for so many people because it's throwing yourself out there for criticism...if that makes sense.

lipshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I admit that sometimes looking at FOTD's is sometimes like looking at someones myspace profile :/

Okay, I wish I had thought of this because I believe this would've went over a little better than my original statements.

HAHA, that was so funny!
rofl.gif
clap.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

well....looking at someones lip gloss/lipstick color would be a lot better if they weren't blowing kisses at me.. or something. lol

Katura

I'm super visual, and I love seeing all of the pictures...I honestly can't get enough haha. I think I max mine out at about 6, if I absolutley have to.

But I do see where you're comin from...what I find really funny (but I don't see here hardly ever) is in a MU community on LJ or myspace...where someone will take 50+ ridiculously angled pictures in the same 'pose', mess with the contrast on about half of them to make their skin either super pale or obnoxiously orange, and post them all, and ask for CC. It's too funny. You cant give any CC because you cant see the makeup due to their funny awkward posing and the contrast messes with the color anyway.

Lose lose situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
well....looking at someones lip gloss/lipstick color would be a lot better if they weren't blowing kisses at me.. or something. lol

hahaha...I htink in EVERY FOTD if its not me making that stupid kissy face witha peace sign, I have to make some other dumb face...but at least I know its goofy...hahaha