Please tell me if this is old style packaging or just fake PICS inside

Xqueeze_me

Hmm.. it is old style packaging BUT the label on the box and under the pot are strange. Also, my old style eyeshadow's pot has raised MAC lettering around it. Mine doesn't come with a box though.

Scene4.jpg

Scene3.jpg

Scene1.jpg

Scene2.jpg

Tabitha

I'm going to say it's authentic, just ancient. On MUA someone has a shadow that has 095 on it and the bottom label looks the same, but the lid design is different. Mac packaging has changed over the years, so I'm going to say that 097 means that it was probably from 1997. Also, the label that's ripped on the box kind of looks like labels I've seen from Nordstrom.

toby_is_cute

I thought that MAC did not use the current batch coding (ie: AA7, etc) until 2002. I am not sure what sort of coding they used before that. Where did you get the shadow from?

Xqueeze_me

Quote:
Originally Posted by toby_is_cute
I thought that MAC did not use the current batch coding (ie: AA7, etc) until 2002.

I reckon the batch coding started in 2000 because I have a lipstick with old packaging box and the batch code is A50.

MissDish1.jpg

http://specktra.net/f257/fake-lipsti...e-help-103044/

Not too sure how the older batch codes are set but the Scene eyeshadow as pictured has an expiry date instead of a batch code. Someone bought a whole load of eyeshadows, nail polishes (old style packaging!), etc for my sis in around 1996-1997. Sadly she threw away most but I think she gave mum the nail polishes.

Sonya Adams

Although this thread is long put to rest, I wanted to bring it back up and mention that I recently received a fake in a swap (since resolved - they didn't know, either - and I was fooled completely until I started to remove the pan from the pot.

The ONLY way that I COULD tell was when I depotted it. The plastic insert said "Pakistan". My old-style originals that I've depotted in the past did not have this, they were completely blank.

dangerousmuffins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonya Adams
Although this thread is long put to rest, I wanted to bring it back up and mention that I recently received a fake in a swap (since resolved - they didn't know, either - and I was fooled completely until I started to remove the pan from the pot.

The ONLY way that I COULD tell was when I depotted it. The plastic insert said "Pakistan". My old-style originals that I've depotted in the past did not have this, they were completely blank.

Would it be possibly to take pictures for us to see?
This scares me a lot that the older packaging is starting to be used for fakes now.

panda0410

Nope, ladies dont be surprised - older style fakes have been circulating on ebay since the beginning of the year...