Poll: What is *THE* Dish or drink that NOBODY can make better than you can? r.o

Hawkeye

I'm not a good cook but there are three things in this world I can make that nobody can make better than I can (Of course this is just my opinion)

spaghetti
Sweet Tea
and A toasted Ham Sandwhich.

With my spaghetti, I just add nutmeg, oragano, garlic, onions and then a few "other spices" and mmmmmmmmmm smells and tastes so yummy.

The sweet tea- I only use liptons. I can't use any other tea bags. I can taste the difference and there has to be real sugar.

And the toasted ham sandwhich- it has to be french sourdough bread, with boars head honey glazed ham and munster chease with vidalia onions and of course throw it in the oven for a few seconds. It's SOOO yummy.

and on a good day I can make an awesome ham. I do half of mustard half of apple sauce (OK I know you are gagging at this point) but it makes a good glaze and cook it 20 min per pound and voila!

What is your specialty? (Yeah i totally slaughtered that word)

knoxydoll

I make this vegetarian chilli that's to die for. It's also easily converted to chicken or beef chilli but I make it for all my vegan friends.

-Beer (most important part)
-Beans (four kinds)
-Lentils
-Chickpeas
-Tomatoes
-Corn
-Peppers
-Spices

That's all you really need and it's soooooooooo good

aeni

Oh dear...one too many, but I'm going to say:

GYOZA

aka Japanese potstickers.

spectrolite

Eggplant parmesan! I make THE bestest ever!

I start by making my own tomato sause with vine ripened roasted roma tomatos, an assortment of herbs, oven roasted garlic and onions and extra virgin olive oil. I usually make it a day or 2 beforehand so that all of the flavours have the chance to come out.

I salt the eggplant overnight and make a coating with breadcrumbs, finely grated aged parmesan, and chopped herbs. Once it comes out of the oven with the mozerella bubbling and golden it looks and tastes like heaven! I am very proud of this dish
eyelove.gif

Beachgrl07

Yeah, it's sweet tea for me too which is funny since I'm not even from the south! And when it comes to my tea, I use the Luzianne stuff.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
The sweet tea- I only use liptons. I can't use any other tea bags. I can taste the difference and there has to be real sugar.

I make my sweet tea the same way! Only lipton tea bags...
I boil water and throw a bunch of teabags in it.. , I use only "sugar in the raw" and I mix in, let it cool put it in a glass jar in the fridge for a few hours.. I LOVE IT! i want to make some right now!!

I also make some mean :
Chicken Picatta,
Chicken Parmesan.
Spaghetti bolognaise
Homemade choco-chip cookies

Katja

I wish I could say I make something special, but I'm not a great cook yet.

Although, my boyfriend attested that my Chicken fajitas were 'the best mexican food he's ever had'.