Popup Google Ads for Fake MAC right here on Specktra!!

Makeup Emporium

OK, so I am looking through the Counterfeit MAC Forum here on Specktra and what pops up...a Google add for the site Brush111.com that sells fake MAC brushes!! I couldn't believe it. Someone who doesn't know better may think that Specktra is endorsing this site and that those brush sets are legit!
shockt.gif

It's actually a new header ad that I keep seeing pop up now right here on Specktra! Just a word of warning to everyone! There is no way you can get an authentic 32 pc MAC brush set for $43!!

speedygirl247

It wont be specktra endorsing the site. The advertiser is targeting a keyword which is mac, each company that wants to target a word has to bid on how much they are prepared to pay for their adv to come up when somebody types the word into a site that accepts google ads, or on google search. I dont think specktra can block them.

Makeup Emporium

^^^ I know and I completely understand this and how the ads work I was just shocked to see it. Plus, while I know that they don't, I'm a little concerned that some people MAY think that the site is endorsed by Specktra because it appears on Specktra (the I saw it on Specktra so it must be legit thinking).

I just wanted to make mention of it here in case anyone thought it was a great site to visit. I don't want to see anyone get ripped off thinking that they are buying genuine MAC from a site just because it is part of a popup ad here on Specktra. I just wanted to post a word of warning to others!

speedygirl247

Michelle I totally agree, I actually sell ads (for my sins LOL) and can confidently say that specktra will have a tough time blocking those as they come through google bids.

MACina

I often see Google ads for the site "TradeTang.com"!!!!
And I am always shocked because they sell fakes too....there are
pics of these "12 eyeshadow palettes with applicator" etc.....

I am so glad that this is mentioned here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rita Baumann

The admins can keep track of the sites with the bad stuff in them, and use their adsense account interface to ban the ip's and/or websites they came from.

chocolategoddes

Hopefully people don't fall for those Brush111 and Free MAC ads.
It's funny how that Free MAC kit ad says Hurry but I've been seeing that same ad for 2 years!