BOOOO! I finally found a mascara that I love and now it's going away
ssad.gif

RIP "false eyelashes"

weeping.gif

SmokeSignal16

Re: Prescriptives going out of business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
If you are upset about them closing, you should email them and tell them what the company means to you and what your fave products are. Who knows, maybe it would affect the availability of certain most-requested products through another line.

Yeah that's what I tell customers that come in to pick up their items, I work for Clinique but my Macys is so small they don't really have a staffed person at that bay so I'm like the only one who knows anything about the line so I try and spread the word to write in and voice their opinion!

elektra513

Now that Prescriptives is no more, where will you go?

I feel like I lost my puppy
cry.gif

Prescriptives is (er, was) my fave foundation brand but as I'm sure you all know, the company has folded, and will be no more at the end of this month.

So those of you loved Px as much as I do, what brand(s) are you moving on to?

SmokeSignal16

Re: Now that Prescriptives is no more, where will you go?

I know I will miss Px!!! I usually used other lines in addition to Px, but yeah their foundations are pretty good, only thing that really matched me. Even tho I work with Clinique most of our foundations don't match me, even some of the lightest shades are too dark for me, or the shades that do match me aren't for my skin type. I'll probably switch to Lancome's foundation since it covers well and it matches me well. But I will def miss the foundation, some of the blush colors, and the eyeshadows!

elektra513

Yeah, I love mainly Nars and MAC, but Px was the best foundation match for me. I read on MUA that the formulas will be re-introduced under other ELC brands, which I hope is true, because the only MAC foundation I like is SF and that's for the C7, so I don't have a replacement for liquid foundation.

Its crazy how MAC works great for me in terms of powders and concealers, but liquid foundation is just a no-go
th_confused_new.gif

So far, I am looking at Stila, Nars, and maybe Clinique for a replacement foundation. But I'm so picky, I may just forgo foundation altogether if I can't get it right. Luckily I have stocked up on my Px loves, so it'll be a while...

SmokeSignal16

Yeah, well I can vouch for them incorporating the products in already! Like their Super Line Preventor Xtreme Concentrate is Estee Lauders new purple perfectionist thing. Nars or Clinique may be a pretty good bet for foundations. I know my line (Clinique) we do have a pretty good shade range, I know we have a new foundation coming out this Spring but its for oilier skin with breakouts so that should be fun to try! I don't go to my update till either the end of the month of beginning of Feb so I won't know what type of stuff we might get that was Px, I'll keep ya posted!

elektra513

About a week or so ago, I asked an online analyst at Px to email me with comparable foundation brands/shades to the Px products that I currently use.

I am a little confused by the list she gave. Does this seem right to you?

Quote:
Please find below a few product recommendations which we believe you may enjoy and wish to consider. A link to each product is provided so that you may view the full product details on each of the respective Web sites.

Prescriptives Virtual Matte Oil Control Makeup (in Fresh Antelope)
1) Clinique, Superfit Makeup, Color 31 Deep Caramel
2) MAC, Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15, Color NC40
3) Bobbi Brown, Oil Free Even Finish Foundation, Color Almond

Prescriptives Virtual Skin Super Natural Finish Makeup SPF 10 (in Real Antelope)
1) Estee Lauder, Nutritious Vita-Mineral Makeup SPF 10, Color Intensity 4
2) MAC, Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation, Color NC40

Now I do have some MAC studio fix powder in C7, but I don't think I could wear NC40. And Bobbi Brown's Almond is more like NC50 or darker and I have tried the Golden and Warm Almond in samples before...

Oh well. I really thought I would see more recs from the Clinique line...

SmokeSignal16

Yeah the shade they listed is kind of a guideline for consultants to use but you will be somewhere in that range. Since you used Virtual Matte, Superfit would be Clinique's best recommendation because it's the best foundation we currently sell right now for oilier skin. We do have a new foundation coming out in March(?) that is great for oily skin but for those who tend to have trouble with breakout. You can also try the new Even better foundation from Clinique but it's kind of more for someone with slight more combination skin but that has an awesome line of shades with it too.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Yeah the shade they listed is kind of a guideline for consultants to use but you will be somewhere in that range. Since you used Virtual Matte, Superfit would be Clinique's best recommendation because it's the best foundation we currently sell right now for oilier skin. We do have a new foundation coming out in March(?) that is great for oily skin but for those who tend to have trouble with breakout. You can also try the new Even better foundation from Clinique but it's kind of more for someone with slight more combination skin but that has an awesome line of shades with it too.

Oh ok, well I won't be getting it because my skin is not that oily. It's normal to dry, lol. I like VM but don't use it that often...I've realized that I do better with a lighter coverage; currently wearing the Px mmu or VS. May check out the Even Better or the Perfectly Real soon...thx

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Oh ok, well I won't be getting it because my skin is not that oily. It's normal to dry, lol. I like VM but don't use it that often...I've realized that I do better with a lighter coverage; currently wearing the Px mmu or VS. May check out the Even Better or the Perfectly Real soon...thx

You will like Perfectly Real from Clinique. There is a wide range of colors for WOC, which makes me happy.
yahoo.gif

elektra513

It probably wasn't a good idea, but I bought the skincare products this month to try. And of course I'm in love with all of it, so now I have go back and buy backups, ugh, lol.

SmokeSignal16

lol Yeah if it's normal to dry def try the Even Better or Perfectly Real foundation, their actually pretty close it's just that Even Better has more coverage and sunscreen vs Perfectly Real that will have less coverage and no sunscreen.

elektra513

Good news Px fans! Looks like Prescriptives will be resuming production of the best-selling products.

Click here for the link: Prescriptives | About Prescriptives

Quote:
PRODUCT UPDATE
We are pleased to tell you that due to the continuing high volume of online demand for certain Prescriptives products from our loyal customers, we have made the decision to resume production of our top-selling products at this time. We expect to have these products available for sale online at prescriptives.com over the coming months and will let you know about availability for purchase through email updates, and we will provide updates on this page as items become available. If you don’t currently receive our email newsletter, please sign up now. We sincerely appreciate your patience and loyalty and thank you for the opportunity to continue to serve you online at prescriptives.com.

So those of you who have HG products from this line, keep ordering so that they can stay in business, even if only online. I think they'll only keep things in stock as long as demand is high, but they're not really telling everyone about this news like they could
th_confused_new.gif
EL obviously is clueless, so it's up to us to keep hope alive
winks.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
So glad to hear that! I love Virtual Skin, and I was dreading looking for a replacement.

Same here! I've been collecting samples of various brands and have been having no success in finding a replacement
th_dunno.gif

I do have tons of VS backups, but realized one day I'd use it all up. This will push that dreadful day back even further
yes.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

I'm glad for this. I whipped out my AnyWear powder and released I should have gotten more than one BU. It's still on the website though.
Did Px discontinue some of their Virtual Skin shades all together? Because Real Cocoa is not listed period, nor is it one of the options to be notified about when it becomes available.

MzzRach

This line has always had such excellent foundations in truly comprehensive colour ranges. It's great to hear that some products will be sticking around, for now at least.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
I'm glad for this. I whipped out my AnyWear powder and released I should have gotten more than one BU. It's still on the website though.
Did Px discontinue some of their Virtual Skin shades all together? Because Real Cocoa is not listed period, nor is it one of the options to be notified about when it becomes available.

Good question! I think they moved the colors around a lot (adding/deleting stock), so they may put it back up when they've re-produced that color maybe? You should try emailing them and ask. Their responders are usually pretty timely and nice.