pro longwear concealer in nw15 or nw20?

Grizabella

Hey there!

I want to try out the pro longwear concealer, but I don't know what shade I should pick - I have to order it online because I don't have a mac counter within reach. I'd hate to order both colors just to send one back - it gets thrown away no matter what.

I don't know what shade I would be in their foundation, but I guess it would be between nw15 and nw20.

I'm pale, blonde and have hazel eyes. I'm currently using a maybelline ny cover stick in light rosy beige 22, which is slightly darker than my skin when unblended. When I blend it it melts right into my skin. I've tried other concealers that were lighter and they made me look sick.
I tried taking pictures, comparing 3 concealers I have lying around:

the light one on top is maybelline jade mineral power in 02 - it's way too light to use around my eyes, i look sick with it
the one below is the maybelline cover stick which I currently use for my dark under eye circles
the one on the right is catrice camouflage concealer in 20, it's a little bit too dark and makes my skin look cakey and dull

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance!

taylorjane

I would go with nw15. I have the same one, and I feel that it matches my nc15-nw20 skin fairly well, just being a little too light. After mixing my foundation and powder over it, it's perfect! It has a bit of a brightening effect as well.

shellygrrl

Staff member
Hey there! I want to try out the pro longwear concealer, but I don't know what shade I should pick - I have to order it online because I don't have a mac counter within reach. I'd hate to order both colors just to send one back - it gets thrown away no matter what. I don't know what shade I would be in their foundation, but I guess it would be between nw15 and nw20.
Foundation-wise, it would depend on the formula, because not all NC/NWxx's are created equal. Some run lighter; some run darker. This blog post has some swatches comparing various MAC foundations in various shades... http://www.lcmakeupblog.com/2013/03/new-mac-mineralize-moisture-foundation.html But back to concealer. Try NW15 first. :nods:

Grizabella

Thanks for your answers!

I found a pic on an austrian website, and she compares nw 15 & the maybelline mineral concealer - and nw 15 is even lighter than that one! I think, despite your answers, that it's going to be way too light for me... I usually only wear concealer, so it has to look natural. I tried out the lighter one today and it just doesn't look right, I have the impression that it only accentuates my under eye circles :(.

heres the pic:
http://www.coralandmauve.at/2011/05/mac-pro-longwear-concealer.html

Grizabella

i received the concealer in nw20 yesterday and it's almost a perfect match to my skin color. nw15 would have been way too light! I will have to pick up nw25 in the summer though, if i get the slightest tan the color will be too light.