product recommendations

banjobama

Maybelline Full n Soft mascara is awesome. And Isadora wet/dry gleaming eye shadow in White Silver is the BEST highlighter shadow. You get a huge pot for cheap.

xiahe

for eyeliners, try New York Color eye/brow pencil which is only $0.99 for a 12 inch pencil! it's super cheap but it's actually really good quality and it's very soft. i've heard good things about the Revlon colorstay eyeliner too but i've personally never tried it. if you want to go department store brand, get MAC fluidline! it's a gel liner (you brush it on) and it looks like a liquid when applied. it has AMAZING staying power (esp. in the waterline). it's pricey ($14) and the brush is pricey too (depending on what you get) but it's a good investment IMO.

for mascara, try Maybelline Full 'N Soft. i also really like Maybelline's Lash Discovery mascara too, but mostly because of the mini brush - it's perfect for clumsy girls like me who tend to poke their eyes out with the brush
rofl.gif

for a highlighter you have a bunch of options...MAC MSFs are one, but they're LE (not to mention expensive, ~$25USD). they just released some new MSFs in the new Flashtronic collection that are worth checking out. the Bobbi Brown Shimmerbricks are also very nice but also very pricey (~$30USD i believe) but if you want a cheaper alternative to those you can try the Milani Glimmerstripes...i have the honey glow one and i paid ~$7USD for it, and it works really well! i've heard very good things about the BeneFit Highbeam...

xiahe

...and BeneFit Moonbeam but i haven't tried any them so i couldn't tell you.

for blush, NARS blushes are niiiiiiice, particularly their Orgasm blush. it seems to fit and look great on ANY skin tone so definitely check them out! NARS blushes retail for $25USD/ea. i'm also a fan of the Maybelline Dream Mousse blushes, too. they're a nice cheap alternative if NARS is a little over your budget.

for bronzer...lol i don't use bronzer (i think i should!) so i can't help you here.

HTH!
heart.gif

xiahe

....lol did you mean face highlighters or highlighting shadows?
rofl.gif
i agree with the IsaDora eyeshadow that banjobama suggested, but you could use any kind of nude/shimmery/light frosty shade to highlight, like MAC Shroom, Nylon, All That Glitters, Phloof!, Milani Moonlight, Milani Snow Frost...

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
....lol did you mean face highlighters or highlighting shadows?
rofl.gif
i agree with the IsaDora eyeshadow that banjobama suggested, but you could use any kind of nude/shimmery/light frosty shade to highlight, like MAC Shroom, Nylon, All That Glitters, Phloof!, Milani Moonlight, Milani Snow Frost...

i mean face highlighter.

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
I need recommendations for the following products:

eyeliner
mascara
highlighter
blush
bronzer

If you are looking for drugstore products:

Eyeliner - Jordana ColorXtend (try searching online as these might not be found in stores anymore)
Mascara - L'oreal Voluminous, Cover Girl Super Thick Lash
Blush - Maybelline Expert Wear (applies lightly so less likely to overdose, and is buildable)
Bronzer - Revlon New Complexion Bronzing Powder (no shimmer and very natural...no orange!)

stevoulina

eyeliner: Prestige Waterproof Automatic Eyeliner.
mascara: Maybelline Intense XXL Mascara, Almay One Coat Thickening Waterproof Mascara, Maybelline Lash Expansion Mascara.
highlighter: I personally don't use any, because I'm oily.
blush: Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush and Expert Wear Blush, Milani Powder Blush, Rimmel Powder Blush, L'Oreal Blush Delice, Rimmel Soft Cream Blush.
bronzer: I don't use bronzer, so i can't help you here.

Dreamergirl3

Eyeliner: Prestige
Mascara: Maybelline's Full n Soft, Lash Discovery. L'Oreal Voluminous. Max Factor 2000 Calorie.
Highlighter: Revlon skinlights if you can find them; Rimmel Dare to Bare
Blush: Milani's
Bronzer: I like the one by Jane

xsnowwhite

eyeliner: Prestige Liquid Liner or Styli Style Flat Pencil LIner
mascara: Maybelline Sky High Curves, Max Factor Volume Couture, Maybelline Full N Soft
blush: Milani (especially luminous)
bronzer: Physicians Formula

tsukiyomi

eyeliner - Maybelline Unstoppable Liner in Onyx
mascara - Too Faced Lash Injection
highlighter - MAC MSF!!
blush - MAC Afterdusk Blush
bronzer - Sugar's Bronzers