question for anyone with tatoos

MisStarrlight

It's also going to depend on what city you get it done in....for example, the work I got done in Syracuse was less than $100 each piece, but the stuff I got done in NYC ranged from $200-250...and it all has been pretty small stuff. I just about died when they told me my latest was gonna be $250, but it's probably one of the best places in NYC so I coughed it up.

My bf's 1/2 sleeve was about $600 w/ 2 or 3 sessions....so I'm guessing at any place that's worth going to (inside a major city) it'll be at least $800 & a few sessions.

dmenchi

but that's good about big pieces you don't have to have all the cash at once, you just go to sessions each time you get a paycheck or extra cash
smiles.gif

dmenchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
It's also going to depend on what city you get it done in....for example, the work I got done in Syracuse was less than $100 each piece, but the stuff I got done in NYC ranged from $200-250...and it all has been pretty small stuff. I just about died when they told me my latest was gonna be $250, but it's probably one of the best places in NYC so I coughed it up.

My bf's 1/2 sleeve was about $600 w/ 2 or 3 sessions....so I'm guessing at any place that's worth going to (inside a major city) it'll be at least $800 & a few sessions.

agree 100% and personally i rather pay more to get a good artist- it's permannent!!!

SerenityRaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenchi
but that's good about big pieces you don't have to have all the cash at once, you just go to sessions each time you get a paycheck or extra cash
smiles.gif

Thanks for pointing that out! I didn't think about it that way...I was just thinking how long I was gonna hafta save up that chunk o' change for. lol

iiifugaziii

depends on where you go (how much he charges... per hour or size) and how long the artist takes to tattoo you. My artist is slow. I still have at least 4 (4 hour sessions) to go and I already have about $1700 dollars put into my arm. and my arm is SMALL.
sucks, but at the same time,... it's beautiful and i get compliments from 20 year olds to 60 year old conservative women. it's cool...

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
I was really lucky with my tattoos, because the shop did touchups at the month mark for free.

I live directly behind my shop and they will do free touch up pretty much for life if you're a regular, and they will do touch ups till the year mark for most big pieces. My shop rocks and they love me cause I bring in cookies all the time.

knoxydoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight

It can vary a lot just even in a city. I know prices here in Ottawa can vary a couple 100$ from shop to shop on the same street. lol.

plus a 1/2 sleeve for 600$ is an amazing price,