Questions about the reputation feature go here

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelwings
I have 7 points, but have received 3.

And with the box that shows you the received rep points in your User CP, where it says who gave them, two of the dots are grey and one is green, how come? I know that green means you've got rep points and grey means you've disabled the function, but all of these people have got green dots in their profile!
th_dunno.gif

This post should answer both of your questions

Simply put, each click does not = 1 point. It depends on the users altering power how many points per click they endow. Grey dots = they have probably not met 1 of the 2 "Qualifiers" mentioned in the above post.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgard
Until now I have 5 reputation points. Is there any way to see from whom or what I got them???

Every member is endowed with 5 positive reputation points to begin with. These initial reputation points are left by the forum and will not be associated with a name or comment.

Even if a member does not leave a comment you will be able to view the member who awarded the reputation.

antirazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Reputation explanation located here.

this link doesn't work anymore so I'm not sure if the answer was there. but I was wondering.. what are reputation points for.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by antirazor
this link doesn't work anymore so I'm not sure if the answer was there. but I was wondering.. what are reputation points for.

Thanks for asking! Reputation has changed a bit since it's original inception . We now have the "Thanks!" feature that enables reader to easily thank a person for a helpful post without cluttering the thread up. Reputation is increased with each "Thanks!" given by other members.

The reputation points, at this time, aren't "used" for anything. I am hoping to incorporate them into a feature that allows members to use them to barter for forum perks or store items. HTHS! If not feel free to PM me.
thmbup.gif