Rant....

mac_obsession

Ok guys...this is the deal...we are probably dealing with a child, maybe 12-13, who has nothing better to do than make spiteful rude comments. All in all, if anyone stops posting their gorgeous fotds theyll have to deal with me personally cause you all give me inspiration and lord knows I need lots of that!!
So please, dont take it personally, i know thats easier said than done, but maybe 1 person doesnt like it, while 20 others do...so keep posting, and ignoring the little trolls...cause they pop up no matter how wonderful a board is. Specktra is my second home, and I will do whatever I have to to keep it nice and pretty like I would my first home
greengrin.gif

SugarAsh182

**hugs** to you Exodus
smiles.gif
You are why I heart Specktra (yes I'm straight too haha). Alright, I swear I won't get all sensitive anymore. Plus, who am I kidding, I love posting here! There are trolls everywhere, and I'm sure the mods have everything under control. And I'm sorry I made you want to spend money!... but those are great lipglasses :p

exodus

Aaawww I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now. And yes, the minute I put those lipglasses on my lips, I had to buy backups! LOL They make me look purtyyy. And it's all thanks to you, you gorgeous thing you. Although my bank balance might beg to differ lol (as in it's not "thanks" but more like "damn it" instead).

And remember, trolls only pick on those worth picking on!
winks.gif

mspixieears

Wow, I'm so sorry to hear of such things happening. One of the reasons I joined Specktra in the first place was reading FOTD comments - people were so friendly, supportive and always trying to emphasise the positive (I guess life deals us enough poo!). I love this place. Having said that, I find that there is a little more freedom in what we can say here which was another reason I wanted to join. On another site, it seemed that just by being yourself and genuinely NOT offensive, you could still break the rules, which was a little...hmm.

Oh, I did want to clarify just in case, what I said about backups in the appropriate MAC chat thread, by no means am I criticising anyone who gets backups - I hope all you lovely ladies understood that, right *clasped hands*?

I remember VV's rainbow face - man what a brave lady for posting that! It's not something I would wear out myself but I really admired the look in general, it was really creative!

mrskloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_obsession
There is a diffference between constructive criticism and just being rude and mean. I cannot stress this enough. There is also a difference in being brutally honest and honestly brutal.

mac_obsession said it perfectly.
smiles.gif

user4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarAsh182
I don't know what happened (I've been kinda busy), but I only hope that it's not going to happen all the time, because this is why I rarely post pics on other message boards anymore.

I came to Specktra because people on other boards were saying extremely rude comments about my eyes themselves. Now if that's being honest (to the girl who said that we all just want compliments), then I guess I'd rather have people keep that to themselves. I post pics of my make up and I'd like to be criticized on that.... not on my eyes, which I cannot help and I think they're beautiful in a unique way. I don't post on here to receive compliments, but I don't want to receive ignorant comments regarding my looks.

I don't know if what was said here was personal or anything... or just about make up... but either way being rude shouldn't be tolerated here. I love it here at Specktra because I feel like I can come here and share my love of make up without worrying about what mean things are going to be posted about me. I do take constructive criticism, but I won't take rudeness. I really don't want to stop posting here too

omg, people actually say stupid stuff like that... WOW there are some seriously stupid people in the world. i personally love your eyes... they are so unique and beautiful. i had a teacher in high school who's eyes were like urs and i was so jealous because they were so different and pretty and i have stupid, normal brown eyes... lol! so just tell those people to fuck off (pardom my language)...

Juneplum

ditto to what everyone has said! there IS a deifference between constructive criticism, and just being mean and nasty. as janice said, that behavior will NOT be tolerated on specktra. we are all here to learn from each other and encourage one another. period. ash, u r one of the prettiest girls ever, and i u have beautiful eyes! i always look forward to your posts... exodus u r just gorgeous! don't u ever dare stop posting! jude, i'm not even going to start with u girl! i walk ever so humbly and daintily in YOUR shadow!!! =)

banana

Like I said, there is a diffrence between being rude and offering an honest opinion about someone's makeup application. Making fun of someone's physical appearance is very rude, but why should you care if one person out of 20 doesn't like your FOTD? I see way too many people getting burned by posting pics of themselves on the internet. You will always get people posting stupid stuff about you just because either they are insecure or because they don't understand that there is a real person with feelings on the other end.

moonrevel

There is definitely a big difference between comments like "Your eyebrows scare me" and "Maybe it would look a little cleaner if you drew in a more natural arch to your brows." I'm sure everyone is open to suggestions, but I do get a bit annoyed by the rudeness of some comments on other communities. Of all the makeup forums I visit, I appreciate the comments of everyone on here the best. On a forum to not be named, it's sort of sad to me that the "favorite" people get gushing comments, and newbies and people who aren't makeup pros get either ignored or put down in a non-constructive way. Having not posted too many FOTDs myself, but still looking at others, I really appreciate that here people make an effort to give support and suggestions to everyone without comments like "I'm sorry, but that looks like crap," and "That eyeliner is ugly." How do comments like that help anyone? I certainly don't want unconditional love if I post a look, but if there is something I could improve, I would like people to tell me without being offensive. Okay, rant over. *specktra love fest*
smiles.gif

orodwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarAsh182
I came to Specktra because people on other boards were saying extremely rude comments about my eyes themselves.

eyelove.gif
i love your eyes....absolutely & completely. they are beautiful as is the rest of your face (& mind!) :loveya: for those that make such remarks about your eyes all i have to say to them is this
finger.gif

fluffy.gif

Hawkeye

you know people who just say mean stuff are just well- probably t'weens. OR maybe some person who really feels threatened by some lady they never met. That really cracks me up because people do feel threatened by others on the net. Who knows why.

But I concur. I actually came to spectra because on the OT topics I actually found people talking about stuff that didnt suck. And the makeup with MAC just made me melt. Then a couple of folks were really nice on here and that made me even happier.

I think the bottom line is, trolls will not be tolerated by the mods or by the members on here either.

SugarAsh182

Quote:
Originally Posted by orodwen
eyelove.gif
i love your eyes....absolutely & completely. they are beautiful as is the rest of your face (& mind!) :loveya: for those that make such remarks about your eyes all i have to say to them is this
finger.gif

fluffy.gif

Thanks orodwen
smiles.gif
You always were so nice to me. You even know about heterochromia
smiles.gif

user3

I just want to add that I totally agree with Dopesickgirl!

Specktra has been a HUGE eye opener for me and has showed me what a forum should really be like.

I have searched for sometime for a fourm like this.

I am so happy that everyone here is kind and supportive.

I have to give props the the Admin and mods! They do a great job here! :thumbsup:
clapping.gif
<-----I love that little clapping face!

Everyone here has been to nice to me since I started coming to Specktra.

I recently left a place I had visited for a long time because of how nasty some of the people could get. It was no fun to see people I enjoyed chatting with being bashed and trolled. I also did not like the little clicks. I closed out my account and opened up a new and mostly just go there for reviews, pics or when I would like a quick answer to something. It is easier to avoid the drama that way. Specktra is the complete opposite! It seems to be one big happy family here!

Hugs to you all!
fluffy.gif