Rare Minerals by Bare Escentuals (nighttime powder mask?)

Jennifer Mcfly

oops, Mods, you can move this to the Bare Minerals sticky tread...I didn't know we were supposed to put "any" item from BE in that thread...
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
JMcFly, Since it's a new product I'll leave this here for awhile so peeps can look at, express opinions etc...

I'll merge it with the BE thread in a about week.
greengrin.gif

Thanks!!
greengrin.gif

toofaced

Rip Off imo

I read in article ( Allure maybe?) that said this is a total rip because minerals don't absorb into your skin, they si on top of it. I'll be passing on this.

SMMY

Me too. I don't need to wear makeup at night. I also wonder what it would do to my bedding.
*images of large brown stains on my pillow case* ick!

pugmommy7

too exp and strange to me. but i must say that the skin revver upper that i was hasty about when i got the be kit has made my skin like it was when i was 17. no lie!(i'm 32)

hypodermic

Could this be any more gimmicky? Minerals don't absorb into your face. Why would you want to put colour on before you go to bed? Argh, some of the products on the market these days are just ridiculous.

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegirlgotsoul
$60 is insane, and I can't imagine ever wanting to put on color before I go to sleep. Sheesh.

yeah, my thoughts exactly!!!

user3

I finally got time to see what this was all about.

This is similar to Clay mineral mask only in powder form.
So it's not really makeup, it's a face mask for nighttime.
A bit strange but that's what it is.
Personally if I was going to wear a mask to bed I would rather it be one that dries and not one that is powder.

So this is more skincare than makeup. It's just odd to see a product like this out on the market.

moonrevel

My first reaction to this product was a bit of a WTF, because like, if you just put it on before you go to sleep, why do you need to match it to your skin color? So the men in your dreams don't see you with weird crap on your face?

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonrevel
My first reaction to this product was a bit of a WTF, because like, if you just put it on before you go to sleep, why do you need to match it to your skin color? So the men in your dreams don't see you with weird crap on your face?

LOL I am still trying to figure out why they different colors.

Maybe so it doesn't look like you anything on...
th_dunno.gif

Pink_minx

I was just looking at this too...it sounds good cause I've been using BE for awhile and all my red spots on my face has dissapeared so I think this new product might be good. I only had one problem with BE and that was the Mineral Veil that made my face itch a lot, but other than that most of the BE products I have has been absolutely perfect on my skin, I wouldnt be suprised if this product turned out to be what it says. I do agree that $60 bucks is a lot and it looks small in the picture...so I guess we will have to see when someone tries it!

Shawna

I have a lot of allergies to different things so I kind of like the idea of something that doesn't necessarily get absorbed in. I can't use overnight moisturizer at all because I get hives
ssad.gif
I hope somebody gets a sample of this and lets us know how it is. Hint hint.

airrinleah

BE Rare Minerals

Hi ladies!!

I did actually purchase this, and I have been using it for one week now... it could be hopeful thinking, but it seems pretty amazing. I think they make colors just so it is invisible on your skin.

My skin feels silky smooth with it on, and some redness that has been plaguing me all winter seems to have dissappeared. It could all be coincedence, but I'd like to think it was the RM! I had such luck with switching to their foundation, that I thought I would give it a chance. I actually had someone say something nice about my skin, which doesn't regularly happen! If it keeps up like it has for the past few days, I will repurchase when it runs out!

Erin <3

ps. let me know if you have any questions!!

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by airrinleah
Hi ladies!!

I did actually purchase this, and I have been using it for one week now... it could be hopeful thinking, but it seems pretty amazing. I think they make colors just so it is invisible on your skin.

My skin feels silky smooth with it on, and some redness that has been plaguing me all winter seems to have dissappeared. It could all be coincedence, but I'd like to think it was the RM! I had such luck with switching to their foundation, that I thought I would give it a chance. I actually had someone say something nice about my skin, which doesn't regularly happen! If it keeps up like it has for the past few days, I will repurchase when it runs out!

Erin <3

ps. let me know if you have any questions!!

Thank you for the info.
I've thought a few times about trying this out since I adore the foundation.

Jennifer Mcfly

Thanks airrinleah!!! we've been waiting for someone to try this. Keep us posted as to how you're liking it in the future!

JunkaLunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Nessa
LOL I am still trying to figure out why they different colors.

Maybe so it doesn't look like you anything on...
th_dunno.gif

I'm guessing they made it in different colors bacause you can also where it in the daytime???
heh, I dunno. But 60 dollars is ridiculous, especially for sleeping in,where no one would see it.