Ratting/Teasing tips needed!

kitchengirl

I looove the way ratting makes your hair get a diffrent shape or WAY more volume/height but it seems to slip away after about an hour of doing it! What do you girls do that helps it stay big and stay put!Also i usually just overload on conditioner to comb it out, any tips on un-teasing?

PS i am new and looked for a thread like this and couldnt find one, sorry if its already here!

ruby_soho

I just section of where I want volume, tease it, and then spray the roots with Joico Ice Blast
ice-blast.gif

NikkiHorror

Try taking your hair into smaller sections when you tease it, and make sure to spray each section heavily with a super-sticky hairspray like Aquanet or RAVE. Let each section dry thoroughly before you flip everything back over and smooth it all out. Good luck
greengrin.gif

NikkiHorror

That girl is cute, she's so nervous lol. I like her, she did it right. "Your hair is a very versatile thing", LOL!!
rofl.gif

iamlelilien

If you want it to still look straight and not messy, you can pin up the top layer, then tease the layers underneath like the girl in the video did, and then let the top layer down over it.

NikkiHorror

I want to take back what I said about the hairsprays: I LOVE BigSexyHair's Spray & Play Hairspray now. Aquanet and RAVE are like scum compared, haha. I kinda wanna try Joico's Ice Blast, too tho...how does it differ from regular hairspray, Ruby Soho?

leenabutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlelilien
If you want it to still look straight and not messy, you can pin up the top layer, then tease the layers underneath like the girl in the video did, and then let the top layer down over it.

Yeah, I always do that
greengrin.gif
then everyone's like 'WOWW HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!' And I'm like "I'M NOT TELLINGGG"
greengrin.gif

user79

I also just tease the bottom part and put the straight hair on top, it looks more neat that way.

user79

Teasing is soooo bad for your hair though, just don't overdo it. It will kill the hair shaft if you do it everyday.

ruby_soho

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiHorror
I want to take back what I said about the hairsprays: I LOVE BigSexyHair's Spray & Play Hairspray now. Aquanet and RAVE are like scum compared, haha. I kinda wanna try Joico's Ice Blast, too tho...how does it differ from regular hairspray, Ruby Soho?

It holds my hair alot better than hairspray. I just tease my roots, then spray them, let it dry for a few seconds, and it holds all day, even holds after having slept on it.