Real eyeshadows?

wolfsong

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RUN, RUN FAR AWAY!
Im only being a tad over dramatic - they are VERY FAKE items. Ive already communicated with the majority of winning buyers from this seller, im going to have to do that again in a couple of days it seems...
The e/s can be seen as fake as they have rimmed windows - no real MAC e/s (and other products if im not mistaken) have rimmed windows, the writing on the windows (the MAC logo) differs considerably in thickness and size between the e/s - MAC are anal about their product labelling - these would not have been sold to the public, there are no colour names (always be careful with sellers that dont put up names/dont know them - ask questions and for pics), the e/s looks cheap and may have been positioned in that way to avoid hinges being visable - though im not sure this is the case...

Please see the following link for more info:
http://community.livejournal.com/uk_makeup/6330.html

And this seller has been talked about on the forum here:
http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=73701&page=2

darkbeauty27

Oops nevermind wolfsong answered it.
smiles.gif

wolfsong

What would we do without this site eh? The only reason i would guess half the fakes were just that is quantity, price, quality and location. Im pretty sure i have a fake pan refill in my possession, though i had no idea until i came on here and looked at photos of the backs of real refills... Pretty coral colour though!

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
What would we do without this site eh? The only reason i would guess half the fakes were just that is quantity, price, quality and location. Im pretty sure i have a fake pan refill in my possession, though i had no idea until i came on here and looked at photos of the backs of real refills... Pretty coral colour though!

Do you remember who you bought the refill from so we can be weary of the seller?

wolfsong

Yes sorry i should have mentioned that - janrnan.
Im not % sure its fake but it does seem it compared to those ive seen - ive tried to upload photos but they are too big and the program to resize them isnt working. But the magnet on the back is a very crudely cut circle and has a bit stuck on it like its been pulled off a sheet of them (like the plastic toys/items that come in sheets and you have to poke them out).
The label on the magnet just says 'CORAL A93' and is quite a bit smaller than the magnet.

sleepyhead

Quote:

The label on the magnet just says 'CORAL A93' and is quite a bit smaller than the magnet.

that's what pro refill pans look like
smiles.gif

sleepyhead

Quote:
Are the pro's badly cut? It looks kind of homemade lol
hmm.gif

i was referring to the text on the lable and how the label is smaller than the magnet, but they should be perfectly round (A93 means it was made in spet 2003, so the label could be just wearing out:confused
smiles.gif

wolfsong

Sorry i meant the magnet - it looks like a child cut it! I didnt look at things too carefully back then lol... Oh well.

sleepyhead

Quote:
Sorry i meant the magnet - it looks like a child cut it! I didnt look at things too carefully back then lol... Oh well.

sorry, i did not see the magnet part (d-oh!). the shadow is probably depotted. usually counterfeits are mass-produced (hand-made would be very expensive), so the magnets would be cut into a "regular" shape (like circles or squares). post a picture when you can
smiles.gif