recs for hurting feet?

MisStarrlight

I just found the best shoes ever! They're cute & totally comfy like sneakers...

http://www.skechers.com/catalog/brow...tyleCode=21571

They come in a buncha different styles (with various rhinestones & glitter, mesh, lace, etc...even a pair with cut little coy fish!), but these are the ones that I bought yesterday. I wore them for my entire shift & no hurting at all (not even at the heel or arch where even flats start to hurt). I think I have a new favorite brand of shoe...ok, I've worn sketchers on & off since middle school, but I'm just now realizing how amazing they are. Once I get some more $ I'm going to go back & try some of their dressy ones.

And the fact that they're cheap it definitely a plus.

Some stricter stores may not allow them because the soles look kinda sporty, but no one said anything to me today and my manager is very by-the-book.

NaturalSister19

Sorry you can't wear toes out, but for anyone who can -
I have these and they are a miracle. I forget I'm wearing them. I have gone for 8 hours standing in these.
Allie.jpg

The designers, twin brothers Shane & Shawn Ward have industrial design degrees and one worked at Adidas. Their company is called DETNY (Detroit, NY). Available at Zappos.com, Shoes.com and Shoemall.com. They make some funky boots and darling flats too.
www.detny.com

Even if you're not interested in the shoes, LADIES please have a gander at these two by clicking on the link above. My, my, my!

redambition

ballroom dancing shoes (or, for those who can wear crazy shoes/really high heels to work) stripper shoes.

good ballroom dancing shoes (and stripper shoes) are usually lined in suede and are quite padded on the sole. they are SUPER comfy because they are made to be danced in, and you can get them in a range of styles (well, at least in the ballroom dancing type you can
lol.gif
) ballroom shoes also tend to be available in several widths, as they need to fit well.

the only downside to these types of shoes is that they are quite expensive.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
Sorry you can't wear toes out, but for anyone who can -
I have these and they are a miracle. I forget I'm wearing them. I have gone for 8 hours standing in these.
Allie.jpg

The designers, twin brothers Shane & Shawn Ward have industrial design degrees and one worked at Adidas. Their company is called DETNY (Detroit, NY). Available at Zappos.com, Shoes.com and Shoemall.com. They make some funky boots and darling flats too.
www.detny.com

Even if you're not interested in the shoes, LADIES please have a gander at these two by clicking on the link above. My, my, my!

Hot guys that design shoes...my dream men!!!!
thmbup.gif

GreekChick

For anyone considering wedges, *do not* wear ones with a *wooden* platform. Those are going to make you scream as you're walking towards the eyeshadow display, I promise.

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
For anyone considering wedges, *do not* wear ones with a *wooden* platform. Those are going to make you scream as you're walking towards the eyeshadow display, I promise.

I so totally, 100% agree...stay away from the wooden ones...you will be hating life...
ssad.gif

MAC_Pixie04

^I was gonna say that too. I'm looking into getting a pair of Danskos, most of the girls at work wear them and have no complaints.

Tysiria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisStarrlight
I just found the best shoes ever! They're cute & totally comfy like sneakers...

http://www.skechers.com/catalog/brow...tyleCode=21571

They come in a buncha different styles (with various rhinestones & glitter, mesh, lace, etc...even a pair with cut little coy fish!), but these are the ones that I bought yesterday. I wore them for my entire shift & no hurting at all (not even at the heel or arch where even flats start to hurt). I think I have a new favorite brand of shoe...ok, I've worn sketchers on & off since middle school, but I'm just now realizing how amazing they are. Once I get some more $ I'm going to go back & try some of their dressy ones.

And the fact that they're cheap it definitely a plus.

Some stricter stores may not allow them because the soles look kinda sporty, but no one said anything to me today and my manager is very by-the-book.

These are the exact shoes I have. They are amazing. I just painted the little grey on the soles black and so they fit the 'all black' description more. I have high arches and have learned the price doesn't matter it's the support and structure that makes a difference. I walk to and from work and stand all day. I love them. (and Im not necessarily a scetchers fan)

Also get a peppermint lotion to rub your legs and feet with when you get home. It will stimulate circulation.

tsukiyomi

I don't know about any shoes but if you get a foot bath from wal mart or somewhere, you can put warm water in it and epsom salts. It really works for tired, aching feet.
smiles.gif

Love Always Ivy

ugh i know! ive been working in retail for a very long time now and i found that everything jacks my feet up
ssad.gif
i just soak my feet and pamper them twice a week

i def wanna check out these danskos