red lips

haha_noodlez

okie doke, if you have a fair-tan complexion can you pull off red lips w/neutral eyes? after seeing all these post w/red lips, i wanna give it a try but i dunno if i can pull it off. i hardly use any lip products besides conditioner, but i'm dying to try a new look. oh, im a c4 if that helps any.

any suggestions???....tia

Jessica

Go for it!!! I love Viva Glam I or better yet Red Haute L/S with V-Red lip glass/laquer? is HOT.

melozburngr

I'm in a similar boat! I LOVE how red lipstick looks on everyone else, but I can never ever find any that looks good on me. I'm a VERY fair redhead... and reds always look super pink/fuschia on me.. I just want something dramatic sometimes... even tho I LOVE my neutral VG V!
greengrin.gif

leppy

meloz & maybe haha too: MAC Mahogany liner topped with Fresh Morrocan lipstick. Nothing else gives me dramatic red lips without turning fuschia or just looking.. well.. scary.

ppp/nc15, coppery auburn, green eyes

If I can get my cam to work I'll take a pic if you want lol

haha_noodlez

thanks for the suggestion. i thought fresh morrocan was d/c. i find that viva glam I is still too neutral for what i'm looking for. i've been dying to try red haunte but haven't picked up the nerve to try it out @ the counter yet.

melozburngr

when I went to the MAC counter- they suggested Dubonnet... and it didnt look bad, I wonder if its maybe just getting used to such a dramatic color?

I went to the MAC website- and Fresh Moroccan looks very coral-y to me, is it?

leppy

Not at all, its a deep red with a brownish base and gold shimmer. I can't find a good pic of it so far, I just may have to figure a way to take one!

MacLover

I'm a C3. I love red lipstick and wear it all the time. I wear Mahogany l/l with Dubonnet l/s alot.

haha_noodlez

has anyone heard that blue-reds aren't good for people w/yellow undertones? or whatever it is, i can't remember where i heard it from, but most of the reds from mac are blue based. did that just make sense?

leppy

There are some very nice brown based reds tho too, and neutral ones. Dubonnet = neutral, Fresh Morrocan = brown based.

glittergoddess27

I am fair yet warm golden undertone olive complection and blue reds look best on me? And yes, it took at least a year before I was super comfortable with "stoplight" lips. I still dont wear them that often.

MacLover

MAC use to make a color called Bordeaux (it's discontinuted). I Love That Color! I wish they would bring it back.

cinnamongurlee

MAC makes beautiful reds:

Shhh - a sheer red with blue base
Viva Glam I - matte red
Russian Red - think Madonna red
X-treme - satin finish gorgeous brown based red
NewYork Apple - frosted plummy red

i have yellow undertones and i wear blue based reds all of the time. i really think that it is a matter of preference.

jeannette

My favourite topic! Red lips, red lips.

What's your colouring like?

I'm an NC35 thereabouts (olive/yellowy Asian skintone) with black hair and dark brown eyes and reds with a hot pink underbase just look strange on me.
smiles.gif

rouquinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha_noodlez
has anyone heard that blue-reds aren't good for people w/yellow undertones? or whatever it is, i can't remember where i heard it from, but most of the reds from mac are blue based. did that just make sense?

MAC makes quite a few yellow-orange-reds, but this might help:

http://naturallycurly2.com/curlscene...;entrytype=rmm

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica
Go for it!!! I love Viva Glam I or better yet Red Haute L/S with V-Red lip glass/laquer? is HOT.

TRUST the lovely Jessica! She KNOWS about red lips!!!

th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
*remembers Jessica's rather fetching red lip look for the retro challenge*
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif

ms.marymac

I like Paramount (brownish red). I have the same problem with my lips turning everything fushcia, this one works for me. I also like Lancome's Merlot.