Relationship advice needed..

Laverne

I'm in a three-year relationship and I just do not know what to do. Here's a short story of what happened so far:

We met when I was 21. I had finished college and I had a job that I loved. I just got my own appartment and everything was going really well. We got along really wel and he moved in with me after 4 months. So far so good..

Two months later he told me he had to move for his work. He has his own company and it was located in another city, 3 hours from where we lived. He asked me to come with him, which I did.

So I gave up my dream job and apartment for him, and we bought a house in the other city. (I had only been there twice, and really didn't know what I was getting into). I had six months to find another job there, and ended up getting a job which I didn't like and was way below my level. I hated it and ended up at home with a burnout.

When I finally recovered from the burnout I went back to college. I wanted to get a higher education so I could get a better job. He was really nice about it and he said that he would support me.

I'm almost done now with my first year, and I realized that this just wasn't working for me. I wanted to study something completely different, and that's where the trouble started.

The University I want to go to is in another city, 3,5 hours from where we live. That means I would have to get a space to live there, and we would only see each other in the weekends.

For me, the sacrifice is worth it, but he sees it as taking a step back in our relationship, and wants to talk me out of it. We had a few fights about this because I really think it is unfair of him to not support me after everything I've given up to be with him.

I just don't know what to do. I really want to go to university, but I don't want to risk losing our relationship..

(Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I'm just not good at putting this sort of thing on paper.. )

pushhupsindrag

well i think that you should pursue your dreams, if he doesnt want you do what you think is best or what you want to do then he sounds like someone you shouldnt be with. maybe some time away will make him realize how good he has it, that you gave everything up for him now he should do a little something.
hope that helped, im not too good at explaining myself.

PrimpinKitty

If he's having a hard time with something this important to you, imagine what the rest of your life with him will be like. Do you want to be the only one sacrificing? In the end, it's up to you, but give it careful consideration.