Release dates for the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMD84

i use my ghd's to depot. and i cover the plate with a pair of knickers (sexy yes?!) and then i put the shadow on top if the knickers for a minute or so. then i use a knife to push the metal pan out. if it doesnt want to come out then i leave it for another 30 seconds or so :)

Anitacska

Or you could try using a paper towel. Less sexy, but works.
winks.gif

i use my ghd's to depot. and i cover the plate with a pair of knickers (sexy yes?!) and then i put the shadow on top if the knickers for a minute or so. then i use a knife to push the metal pan out. if it doesnt want to come out then i leave it for another 30 seconds or so :)

rockin

I'll have to try to dig out my straighteners, bite the bullet and have a go at depotting. Mine are variable temperature - any recommendation for the setting? It goes up to 230 I think

Eleentje

Haha,
Thank you, for the great advice, guys! LOL @ sexy depotting
lmao.gif

I have GHD straighteners too, and it is just one temperature stand, I think it is 180 degrees.

Psssst, less than a week left now until Peacocky goes online!
I am getting kissable lipcolours I wanted via a CP one of the US girls on Specktra kindly agreed to do for me. I hope it gets here before Tuesday, so I can check these babies out in real life and decide if I will order more colours along with the Peacocky shadows from the UK website. I'm very cautious about buying liquid lipstick/lipgloss producs, because i'm not really a lipgloss person, but the idea of them being really light and more lipstick-like won me over.

I hope I'll find them as awesome, as other people say they are (my wallet disagrees, though)!

LMD84

Haha,
Thank you, for the great advice, guys! LOL @ sexy depotting
lmao.gif

I have GHD straighteners too, and it is just one temperature stand, I think it is 180 degrees.

Psssst, less than a week left now until Peacocky goes online!
I am getting kissable lipcolours I wanted via a CP one of the US girls on Specktra kindly agreed to do for me. I hope it gets here before Tuesday, so I can check these babies out in real life and decide if I will order more colours along with the Peacocky shadows from the UK website. I'm very cautious about buying liquid lipstick/lipgloss producs, because i'm not really a lipgloss person, but the idea of them being really light and more lipstick-like won me over.

I hope I'll find them as awesome, as other people say they are (my wallet disagrees, though)!
yeah with the ghd's you can't change the heat. i thought they were 180 too :)

and i'm getting excited for peacocky!! i cant go over buydget though because i need to save up for my new laptop - i hope to have all the money for it by march :)

Anitacska

I set mine to medium, around the same level as I would use on my hair. Don't worry about burning the plastic, I usually keep checking and putting it back. Once you've done a few you will know what's right.

Eleentje

Oooh, which one are you planning to get?
I'm planning to buy a new one too. I really like Asus JN53 series, but don't know if I should go for a cheaper version with an i5 processor or pay 200 euro extra and get an i7 processor one with HD screen... Saying this, that's probably the amount I'll be spending on Peacocky :X

LMD84

i will be geting a macbook pro but one of the new versions that should be out april at the latest :) i'm hoping to get one with a i5 processor. i cant afford to get the i7. i think that 200 euros for an i7 and hd screen is really good! but what would you use your computer for? because the i7 processor would be good for video editing and rendering and creating 3d models and hardcore gaming. but if you just have light computer use i'd say spend the cash on mac make up! lol!

Eleentje

Yeah, you are right! I am a nerd at heart, but hardly a "hardcore gamer", really. All those games that demand a lot from the computer are usually boring boys' games anyway. I just want my computer to last me a few good years, so that's why I try to go for the best specs I can afford.

Mac's always a good choice, but still too expensive for what I'd want to have.

LMD84

Yeah, you are right! I am a nerd at heart, but hardly a "hardcore gamer", really. All those games that demand a lot from the computer are usually boring boys' games anyway. I just want my computer to last me a few good years, so that's why I try to go for the best specs I can afford.

Mac's always a good choice, but still too expensive for what I'd want to have.
yeah i'm a big geek too really! hee hee! but i'm not a hardcore gamer either! and yes mac's are awesome but pricery. but i have been saving for about 5 months now and seeing as my old dell laptop is nearly dead (it got revived after completely dying a few weeks ago but still not gonna last!) and my netbook isnt powerful enough for work and stuff, i think i need to get a macbook pro :) people keep asking me why i dont want a sony vaio but honestly i have had my heart set on a mac for many months!

Eleentje

Haha, my old Fujitsu-Siemens died like zillion of times on me in 5,5 years that I've had it. It's still alive and works ok, but your notebook is slower than your netbook, it's time for it to retire!

I love my little netbook, esp. cos I can read Twilight just before I go to bed, but it is inconvenient for word processing I often have to do.for work.

I'm sure you'll be really pleased with your Mac. It's just one of those things that are super nice to have. I mean there must be a reason why it's always so busy at Mac shops, with all those peole swarming around the Macbooks. I think my next laptop after this one will definitely be a Mac too!

LMD84

Haha, my old Fujitsu-Siemens died like zillion of times on me in 5,5 years that I've had it. It's still alive and works ok, but your notebook is slower than your netbook, it's time for it to retire!

I love my little netbook, esp. cos I can read Twilight just before I go to bed, but it is inconvenient for word processing I often have to do.for work.

I'm sure you'll be really pleased with your Mac. It's just one of those things that are super nice to have. I mean there must be a reason why it's always so busy at Mac shops, with all those peole swarming around the Macbooks. I think my next laptop after this one will definitely be a Mac too!
yeah the are hugley popular. i used to have an imac while at was at uni and loved it. then went to my pc and found that i had so many issues and stuff that i never had on my mac. that is why i am going back to apple! lol! :)

not long now ladies for the new collections!

angi

I'm living in fear of peacocky coming out, because I have to buy online and my list currently stands at about £150! I swore off mac when they put the prices up yet again..... but I haven't spent that much on a collection for a good while.

angi

Only £150? My list is even higher than that! I'm struggling to decide what I must cut from my list :(

Lol. Yeah... I had to stop looking when I got to that point! I currently have 9 of the eyeshadows and 1 lipcolour on the list. I need to cut down too, I just can't make myself!

Kirsty

My tiny list is 3 shadows & 1 lipcolour. Trying to get it down further as i'm between jobs atm & this col. is expensive :(

LMD84

My tiny list is 3 shadows & 1 lipcolour. Trying to get it down further as i'm between jobs atm & this col. is expensive :(
that is the same as my list! i'm keeping it to a small haul too because i'm saving money :) plus i already have plenty of shadows and stuff - so really i dont need much more :)

Kirsty

I just read in the discussion thread that if you are planning to depot the eye shadows they will fit in Ben Nye palettes, but typically they are hard to get hold of over here. MUFE are too small. But I saw on live journal that Japonesque will fit the Mega Metals (and tartan tale e/s & CCB’s). These are can get from love-makeup (I’m thinking of getting the 4pan with a mirror) and work out cheaper. HTH someone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts